What's new

Help Identify! I found this button at an old Jacksonian site. Palm tree with snakes

Joined
Jan 4, 2013
Messages
16
Reaction score
15
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This button I found about a week ago with my Fisher 1266x. It has a palm tree with a snake at the bottom or snakes, no back mark. The size of a nickel. PLEASE HELP!!!
Palm Tree Button.webp
 
Yes the palmetto is associated with South Carolina. Can we see the back?
 
Upvote 0
I didn't see it in Tice's book. Keep it for sure. Knowing what other kinds of items were found with it may help date it.
 
Upvote 0
NexGen,the reason we ask all these questions is we need info to ID.The size is important,as is where found and if any other items were found in the same vicinity.A coin such as dime next to your button can give a size comparison.A measurement with a good ruler is better.A better focused picture would greatly help.Help us out here.
 
Upvote 1
Yes, It is an extremely cool button. I know someone who might know, I'll do a screen shot and send him a pic and see if he knows.
 
Upvote 0
tn_moved_over.gif
I moved ya from HELP! over to WHAT IS IT? for more exposure.
 
Upvote 0
NexGen,the reason we ask all these questions is we need info to ID.The size is important,as is where found and if any other items were found in the same vicinity.A coin such as dime next to your button can give a size comparison.A measurement with a good ruler is better.A better focused picture would greatly help.Help us out here.
The OP stated this: The size of a nickel. PLEASE HELP!!! :laughing7: (Just in case you missed that)
 
Upvote 1
Upvote 2
Upvote 2
In one aspect it looks like a South Carolina State button, but the more I look, the more confusing it is. I can't find an example of one that the branches extend that far down.

So I'm at a loss.......Which isn't all that uncommon!
 
Upvote 1

Similar threads

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom