Help Identifying Crystal Punch Bowl

Steve008

Tenderfoot
May 7, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bought this from a garage sale, and I'm wondering 1.What brand it is and 2. If it is indeed crystal...

There are no markings on it, I was told it was vintage. It has 6 cups matching the bowl's pattern.

IMG_8463.jpg IMG_8464.jpg IMG_8465.jpg

MinerGirl

Nov 17, 2011
meicigama
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Steve008. Here's a link I found on Youtube. This lady has a series for identifying all kinds of glass and or crystal.

Also they say that glass is very sharp when cut so mostly the "cuts" are Molded into the glass...Leaded Crystal will be heavier and have a resonating "ringing" sound. Not a "Thudding" sound.

Ask TNGirl here on TNet. She knows her glass (from third base)...sorry, had to say that...:)...Pretty Punch Bowl...I love that its on a pedestal base. MinerGirl

Upvote 0

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good job Poly777. It is the same pattern and maker.
Made by Imperial Glass Co., the pattern is "Broken Arches."
The difference between Steves photo and the one in the link; base is flipped around in the link you provided.
Steve, the base actually goes the other way as shown in the example provided by Poly.

This pattern was first produced sometime in the 1910's. It is part of what they called their "nucut line" which was imitation cut glass, introduced in 1911. With the six glasses I would value it at around $75-$100 at todays current prices. Nice find.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
S

Steve008

Tenderfoot
May 7, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome! Thank you :D
And yes, I feel like an idiot with the base upside-down...but oh well :)

How about another piece? I found this at another garage sale for $1

Just over 8 inches tall, 3.5 inches across

IMG_4187.jpg
IMG_4188.jpg
IMG_4190.jpg

Upvote 0

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No problem glad I could help.

edit- I replied to this from my phone earlier and didn't see that stem you posted, i'll see what I can come up with. Off the top of my head it looks European maybe Bohemian or Hungarian. Can you get a better pic of the stem and base.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:-[ :notworthy: No not really, I know a little bit about glass and get lucky every now and then that's all. Now if I could only ID a few of the unknowns that I have. One of them is even listed on Replacements.com as unknown. :dontknow: Anyway, glad I could help and thank you for the compliment.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread