S StarPaw007 Tenderfoot Joined Oct 13, 2020 Messages 2 Reaction score 1 Golden Thread 0 Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Oct 13, 2020 #1 Hello! I need help figuring out if this rock is anything. I found it somewhere in West Virginia and there are scratches all around it that look deliberately carved and unnatural. Was this a sharpening tool or something else? Thank you! Attachments IMG_8919.webp 289.7 KB · Views: 80 Upvote 0
Hello! I need help figuring out if this rock is anything. I found it somewhere in West Virginia and there are scratches all around it that look deliberately carved and unnatural. Was this a sharpening tool or something else? Thank you!
B bowwinkles Bronze Member Joined Nov 3, 2012 Messages 2,117 Reaction score 2,496 Golden Thread 0 Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Oct 13, 2020 #2 I would say that during the ice age it was slid along the bed rock by the advancing glaciers.
DiggerKid2003 Sr. Member Joined Jul 5, 2014 Messages 474 Reaction score 1,105 Golden Thread 0 Location Spotsylvania VA Detector(s) used Garret At Pro, Garret Pro Pointer, Wireless Z-Lynk headphones. Primary Interest: Metal Detecting Oct 13, 2020 #3 Did you perhaps find it in a field? Look like plow marks to me.
S StarPaw007 Tenderfoot Joined Oct 13, 2020 Messages 2 Reaction score 1 Golden Thread 0 Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Oct 13, 2020 Thread Owner #4 Nah didn't find it in a field. I think I found it near a waterfall or in a creek
uniface Silver Member Joined Jun 4, 2009 Messages 3,224 Reaction score 2,907 Golden Thread 0 Location Central Pennsylvania Primary Interest: Other Oct 13, 2020 #5 Natural, IMO.
antmike915 Silver Member Joined Apr 20, 2020 Messages 3,173 Reaction score 7,043 Golden Thread 0 Location SE Alabama Primary Interest: Relic Hunting Oct 14, 2020 #6 Looks natural. Still looks cool though.