What's new

Help identifying things found near civil war battlefield site

Forty9erfan_52

Tenderfoot
Joined
Aug 4, 2013
Messages
9
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My daughter and I were able to do some detecting around a civil war site that saw minor skirmishes. We are having difficulties identifying the objects found and I am hoping the experts on this board might be able to help me out. I believe the light colored one could possibly be a pistol bullet that has been fired (based on the two rings at the base). The dark colored small object has me stumped the most. I am leaning towards a possible percussion cap but am not sure. The small canister looking item was also found that the same general area as the other two items. Not quite sure what that is either. The piece of glass was wedged under the top that appears to have the Capital R facing each other. Thanks for everyone's help.

HH
 

Attachments

  • DSCF4944.webp
    DSCF4944.webp
    1.2 MB · Views: 196
  • DSCF4943.webp
    DSCF4943.webp
    1.1 MB · Views: 186
  • DSCF4942.webp
    DSCF4942.webp
    1.1 MB · Views: 180
  • DSCF4940.webp
    DSCF4940.webp
    1 MB · Views: 147
  • DSCF4939.webp
    DSCF4939.webp
    988.3 KB · Views: 147
  • DSCF4938.webp
    DSCF4938.webp
    1 MB · Views: 159
  • DSCF4937.webp
    DSCF4937.webp
    1.1 MB · Views: 137
  • DSCF4936.webp
    DSCF4936.webp
    966 KB · Views: 144
Pictures are not good, but the bottom 3 look to be fired bullets , above those look to be percussion caps, above those may be a piece of flint.
 
Upvote 0
I believe the bigger object in the first pics is part of a gas lantern. The small lead in the next pics looks like a modern .22 bullet and the bottom pics looks like an older fired handgun round. Maybe .32 caliber.
 
Upvote 0
Thanks guys for the help. The smallest item probably isn't a .22 rounds as it is hollow almost like a thimble. I thought maybe a percussion cap but not sure. The two ring bullet looked like a civil war pistol bullet but as I've never found one before, again wasn't sure. I truly appreciate everyone's help. HH
 
Upvote 0
Hard to tell from pictures, but how about a .22 caliber pellet.
 
Upvote 0
I'll try and put up better pics of it with a standard. Maybe that'll help.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom