What's new

HELP IDENTIFYING

traciewelch

Tenderfoot
Joined
Oct 7, 2019
Messages
1
Reaction score
2
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I BELIEVE IT'S QUARTZ BUT I'M NOT SURE. IT WEIGHTS 250 LB AND FOUND IN LINN COUNTY OREGON. HOW DO I GO ABOUT CLEANING IT? WANT TO SEE WHAT IT LOOKS LIKE IN THE MIDDLE HOW OR SHOULD I GO ABOUT DOING THAT? IS IT WORTH ANYTHING? IT DOES LOOK LIKE SPECS OF GOLD HERE AND THERE. ANY IDEAS FOR ME......
 

Attachments

  • PART_1564983366673_IMG_20190804_2020341.webp
    PART_1564983366673_IMG_20190804_2020341.webp
    54.2 KB · Views: 90
  • PART_1564367429567_IMG_20190728_1925471.webp
    PART_1564367429567_IMG_20190728_1925471.webp
    66.6 KB · Views: 74
  • KIMG07051.webp
    KIMG07051.webp
    302.2 KB · Views: 75
I guess if you want to see what's in the middle you need to get a big hammer and get busy.
Gold is found with quartz , come show us any gold you happen to recover. good luck to you ..
 
Upvote 0
Maybe a giant thunder egg. I would use the largest wet saw available to at least score a deep line around the middle. A local stone counter maker can propably help. If not, rent a street cutter and go at it lol
 
Upvote 0
Try rock and gem forum
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom