M mintcombo Tenderfoot Joined Nov 24, 2015 Messages 7 Reaction score 42 Golden Thread 0 Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Jun 21, 2016 #1 Help ID'ing coin - groat? Found on vacation in the Caribbean, near an old port. Very thin coin. Attachments Screenshot_2016-06-21-13-21-48.webp 178.5 KB · Views: 155 Screenshot_2016-06-21-13-22-02.webp 185.2 KB · Views: 158 Upvote 10
CRUSADER Emerald Member Joined May 25, 2007 Messages 41,306 Reaction score 48,543 Golden Thread 27 Location ENGLAND 🥇 Banner finds 27 Detector(s) used XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Jun 21, 2016 #2 It's not a British Groat, if that's what you mean. I can't ID it but I can tell its a debased hammered silver coin, circa 16th-17th C...
It's not a British Groat, if that's what you mean. I can't ID it but I can tell its a debased hammered silver coin, circa 16th-17th C...
against the wind Platinum Member Joined Jul 27, 2015 Messages 24,896 Reaction score 24,983 Golden Thread 0 Location Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania Detector(s) used E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030. Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Jun 21, 2016 #3 Cool find, , Congrats
trapperart Platinum Member Joined Dec 12, 2015 Messages 16,165 Reaction score 13,042 Golden Thread 2 Location Maryland's eastern shore 🥇 Banner finds 2 Detector(s) used whites MXTPro whites MXSport Primary Interest: Metal Detecting Jun 21, 2016 #4 Very nice, can't wait to see what it is congrats
A2coins Ruby Member Joined Dec 20, 2015 Messages 33,867 Reaction score 42,646 Golden Thread 0 Location Ann Arbor Detector(s) used Equinox 800 Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Jun 21, 2016 #5 That's cool get a vacation and a piece of treasure. I would love to find something that old!!! Good Job!!!!!!!!!!
That's cool get a vacation and a piece of treasure. I would love to find something that old!!! Good Job!!!!!!!!!!
M mintcombo Tenderfoot Joined Nov 24, 2015 Messages 7 Reaction score 42 Golden Thread 0 Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Jun 21, 2016 Thread Owner #6 Few more angles and scale (3/4 inch) Last edited: Jun 21, 2016
Bramblefind Silver Member Joined Nov 26, 2009 Messages 2,966 Reaction score 4,024 Golden Thread 0 Location New York Detector(s) used T2/F75 SE Jun 21, 2016 #7 I think that is a stuiver from the Dutch city of Zwolle. This one is circa 1599. https://www.numisbids.com/n.php?p=lot&sid=392&lot=270 Provinical - ZWOLLE Stuiver z.j. (1599), Silver Type I. Gekroond stadswapen tussen waarde I — S. In omschrift REFVIVM i.p.v. REFVGIVM. Kz. lang gebloemd kruis met bloem in het hart MON — ARG — CIVI — ZWOL.V. 178.1; vdW. 249.1.19 g. Fraai Attachments zwolle2.webp 62.5 KB · Views: 80
I think that is a stuiver from the Dutch city of Zwolle. This one is circa 1599. https://www.numisbids.com/n.php?p=lot&sid=392&lot=270 Provinical - ZWOLLE Stuiver z.j. (1599), Silver Type I. Gekroond stadswapen tussen waarde I — S. In omschrift REFVIVM i.p.v. REFVGIVM. Kz. lang gebloemd kruis met bloem in het hart MON — ARG — CIVI — ZWOL.V. 178.1; vdW. 249.1.19 g. Fraai
M mintcombo Tenderfoot Joined Nov 24, 2015 Messages 7 Reaction score 42 Golden Thread 0 Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Jun 21, 2016 Thread Owner #8 Holy crap. Nailed it. I've been paging blindly through google image searches for the last week. Thank you
Holy crap. Nailed it. I've been paging blindly through google image searches for the last week. Thank you
Gridwalker306 Gold Member Joined Nov 10, 2010 Messages 6,035 Reaction score 7,428 Golden Thread 1 Location Canada 🥇 Banner finds 1 Detector(s) used XP Deus, ATPro Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Jun 21, 2016 #9 That's a great find, congrats. Also, Bramblefind is a superhero.
joeyfresh Bronze Member Joined Dec 19, 2006 Messages 2,287 Reaction score 1,405 Golden Thread 2 Location Colonial Virginia 🥇 Banner finds 2 Detector(s) used XP Deus Teknetics T2 Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Jun 21, 2016 #10 My motto is "when in doubt, it's a Dutch coin"
austin Gold Member Joined Jul 9, 2012 Messages 5,399 Reaction score 3,509 Golden Thread 0 Location San Antonio, Texas Detector(s) used Garrett 250 Primary Interest: Other Jun 21, 2016 #11 Super nice coin. Hope you find some more...