All Treasure Hunting

Dixiegal

Jul 8, 2012
GA
Detector(s) used
White 808, White Sierra Made, pulse induction, LRL
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Try up around Rocky Face. Thats right nearby. Or Fort Mountain which is also not far.

OP
OP
Younghunt

Younghunt

May 14, 2011
Clarkesville ga/ Ringgold ga
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter fast tracker, now garrett at pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dixiegal said:
Try up around Rocky Face. Thats right nearby. Or Fort Mountain which is also not far.

Is it legal around those areas? And where bouts r u? Nashville? Im gonna wanna guss?

OP
OP
Younghunt

Younghunt

May 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dixiegal said:

In georiga are detectorist allowed to hunt in state forest, wildlife managment areas?

Dixiegal

Jul 8, 2012
GA
Detector(s) used
White 808, White Sierra Made, pulse induction, LRL
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
We are in N GA. Its legal to hunt in the National Forest Service and the wildlife management areas and obviously private property with permission. You have to get a hunting license with a wildlife management endorsement in order to hunt in the wildlife management areas. I don't think you need anything in the National Forest.

As far as I know you cannot hunt in the County and State Parks. I'm sure you cannot hunt in Fort Mountain Park but there are probably areas near there yu can get into. I think there is probably a lot of forest area up around Rocky Face. We have only gone up there once. Its out of our general search area.

OP
OP
Younghunt

Younghunt

May 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dixiegal said:
We are in N GA. Its legal to hunt in the National Forest Service and the wildlife management areas and obviously private property with permission. You have to get a hunting license with a wildlife management endorsement in order to hunt in the wildlife management areas. I don't think you need anything in the National Forest.

As far as I know you cannot hunt in the County and State Parks. I'm sure you cannot hunt in Fort Mountain Park but there are probably areas near there yu can get into. I think there is probably a lot of forest area up around Rocky Face. We have only gone up there once. Its out of our general search area.

Were alittle south in ringgold by ft. oglothope...so far on my property ive found 36 square head nails and gadirtfisher invited me to hunt with him to.

Oct 18, 2016
LaFayette, Ga.
Detector(s) used
Garrett, White's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We are in N GA. Its legal to hunt in the National Forest Service and the wildlife management areas and obviously private property with permission. You have to get a hunting license with a wildlife management endorsement in order to hunt in the wildlife management areas. I don't think you need anything in the National Forest. I'm always looking for new places to hunt and good folks to hunt with.
HAPPY HUNTING

HI all. I just read the Ga. WMA regs and it says that relic hunting is prohibited on ALL WMAS. Sure wish that this wasn't the case. Pigeon Mt. WMA has a ton of troop history and I'm sure a lot of treasures to offer. There is however plenty of National forest in the area.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread