Help my detector is doing strange things???

onlinesniper

Jun 16, 2011
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 150, Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry if iv posted this in the wrong section Tneters iv got a problem with my detector i posted a while ago regarding this but iv had no luck in sorting the problem as yet any help or tips appreciated. right heres my problem i have a Garrett Ace 150 which works fine but when i put it up to 4 bar sensitivity it bleeps like mad if i just move it slightly? iv pointed it in the air in a field to test it as i know there can be a lot of interferences in the home but it does the same thing if i move it left and right or rotate it left and right? but as soon as i turn it down to 3 bar sensitivity it works perfect but i know that i may be missing out on coins due to not being able to use my detector to its full extent and its not under warranty either so i cant send it back,iv done the usual things, new batteries, made sure the coil wire is wound snug, kept dry, i love my ace 150 its a brill little detector which i want to keep even though i will be getting an ace 250 in a couple of weeks so that my son can use it and go out on hunts with me any help will be appreciated thanks guys.

Mark

s.c.shooter

Bronze Member
Jul 28, 2008
SC
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov- AT PRO - AT Max - Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Even if it's not under warranty, I would at least call and describe the problem to them.It might be a quick fix at a low price for you. If the machines not working properly you might be missing the good stuff. Only takes one find to pay for it. HH

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
Don't guess, Jest lay a coin on the ground and see how far away (up) you can pick it up. Then you will know. It might be mineralisation in the ground that is the problem over 3 bars. Frank

OP
OP
O

onlinesniper

Jun 16, 2011
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 150, Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the advice guys im going to do an air test with a few coins iv found and some modern money and see how much depth im getting on each cheers again guys
Mark :icon_thumright:

luvsdux

Bronze Member
May 16, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Multiple Tesoros and Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Assuming you've checked and double checked your batteries - others have mentioned mineralization - I'd pull the scuff cover off it it has one and make sure no sand or dirt is trapped in it. Next thought is possibly a faulty coil. If you know anyone handy with a compatible coil, borrow it and try it. If all this fails it may well be time for a return to Garrett.
luvsdux

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread