Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250/GTA 1,000; Fisher Gold Bug-2; Gemini-3; Unique Design L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How old is the iron?
A lot horseshoes what i find are 150+ years old, other items i couldnt tell but they are very old as well.
For horseshoes i am 100% sure because i know history from all of this places on satellite images.

Are the horseshoes in good condition or just plain junky?

OP
OP
cokica

cokica

Greenie
Mar 20, 2022
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATX
Minelab Equinox 800
Nokta Makro Simplex
L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would think electrolysis could clean them. Some treasure hunters would rather have old horse or mule shoes than old coins. Then many detectorists (and dowsers) want old coins (or gold/silver) more than anything else.

xristosz

Jan 1, 2017
thessaloniki
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Inkedspot_LI.jpg

joska

Nov 21, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I finished research on all marked spots from all of you, unfortunately i couldnt find anything except trash and old iron. Thanks to all who tried to help me here.
What state are you in I’m in Florida and I have the only custom made gold only locator in the World and it’s full discrimination because I went into burned out houses to locate all and any valuables in the house plus you need to know that your detector will not reach old gold buried too deep for you to detect as we have the same issue in Florida and we use imaging to show the targets no matter how deep

OP
OP
cokica

cokica

Greenie
Mar 20, 2022
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATX
Minelab Equinox 800
Nokta Makro Simplex
L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What state are you in I’m in Florida and I have the only custom made gold only locator in the World and it’s full discrimination because I went into burned out houses to locate all and any valuables in the house plus you need to know that your detector will not reach old gold buried too deep for you to detect as we have the same issue in Florida and we use imaging to show the targets no matter how deep
I am from Europe. I heard as well from some people when gold is buried deep that metal detectors cant detect it and i think that is true. Everything what i found so far was between 20-30 cm deep.

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Coin size gold or smaller is hard to detect over several inches (unless the detector has a prospecting mode) and any discrimination can eliminate some deeper gold.

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Roman gold can be deep. Get a gold hit just to the southwest of your X (if map top is oriented north). Then found another but maybe smaller gold hit. Added outlined area, should be a place to find neat old stuff (if not too deep).

Attachments

• spot-gold.png
    spot-gold.png
    50.6 KB · Views: 30
  • spot-gold_par.jpg
    spot-gold_par.jpg
    193.5 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread