HELP on drawing

greeklover

Sep 18, 2004
Hi guys!!Anyone can give me a lead on this sketch which is based on the original map.It is 99.9 % identical to the original
please any kind of help would be greatly appreciated!!!
Thanks

edit --> i removed the sketch since there's nothing left to say here and i think there's been much of attention drawn to it

Thank you all for your help and assistance

Darren in NC

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2004
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark, Homebuilt pulse loop
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
My first thought is to question whether this is even a treasure map. Do you have reason to believe it is? If indeed it is, then most maps are made by design to make sense only to the author of any given map. I've studied a few maps and I'm not sure where I would begin on this one. There are no Indian or Spanish symbols to speak of other than the cross. The cross may indicate a church treasure nearby. Also, triangulation is a popular method of burying treasure. But you have? three caves, three trees and four rocks. If intending to return short-term, the author could rely on the trees. Long term, the rocks. What doesn't fit the pattern? Four lines in a cave...line from the trapezoid? The line from the trapezoid would be my first hunting area. The big rock is the most unchanging item of all. The four lines in the cave are probably a decoy to look in the cave, but my guess would be four feet from the big rock. Maybe four paces?

Interesting map. Let us know what happens.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
G

greeklover

Sep 18, 2004
First of all thanks for your reply.Second ,yes the four lines made us (me and my partners) look inside the cave and that lead us nowhere!!!
I thought it too about the 4 lines meaning 4 paces or 4 feet or even 4 vara (afterall vara=pace).In our next visit at the digsite we'll look under the big rock ,the one with the line, to see if there's anything there and to check ofcourse if this 4 pace or 4 feet theory has anything to do with this.The original map is exactly the same and its made 50-55 years ago and it is in very bad condition to be scanned or treated in any way so i made this sketch which is ,as i previously mentioned, 99.9 % identical to the original.The story behind the map is to find the PLACE that matches with the drawing,because the first place we found was very similar but not identical to the drawing.The place we working on now is EXACTLY THE SAME and we have serious beliefs that this might be the one.After this we have to decode what the map has to say and to find possible locations on the drawing.We tried inside the cave but it turned out to be lost time.And last but not least i forgot to mention that we found human bones inside the cave and i read somewhere that bones can be used as a sign.Is that true?

ps. 1 last question: How does the triangulations work?

Upvote 0

Siegfried Schlagrule

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Indiana
Detector(s) used
All types of BFOs owned. Especially want White's Arrow; White's Oremaster; Exanimo Spartan Little Monster; Garrett contract Little Monster.
What state is this located in? Sometimes location determines meanings on signs and symbols. ss

Upvote 0

Darren in NC

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2004
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark, Homebuilt pulse loop
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Triangulation is pretty simple. You use three landmarks - rocks, trees, creeks, symbols on objects, etc - and once you make a triangle out of the three objects, you look at the middle, or "triangulate." A triangle cut in a tree with a dot in the middle means the treasure is in the middle. If there is no dot, but a line extending from the triangle, then the cache would be in the direction of the line extended. But these are very simple symbols of the Spanish. As Siegfried Schlagrule has already said, it depends on the region the treasure is buried that may determine the meaning of a given symbol. As I mentioned before, most maps make sense only to the author. I would get a deep seeking detector and scour the whole area 8)

Upvote 0
OP
OP
G

greeklover

Sep 18, 2004
the site is in GREECE and my prediction on the A sign on the map is that means APOKRIPSIS in greek which means in english ENCRYPTION.From what you all telling me at my next search will be under the big rock and i'll let you know what happens.But i can tell you that i'm feeling very anxious about it cause so much information has been said the past few days and i feel that i'm very close to something.In any case ,successfull or not, i'll let you know.
Thanks all of you guys,you help is deeply appreciated

Upvote 0

Siegfried Schlagrule

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Indiana
Detector(s) used
All types of BFOs owned. Especially want White's Arrow; White's Oremaster; Exanimo Spartan Little Monster; Garrett contract Little Monster.
Not to interefere BUT Dell said look under the "rock at site". That is the legend you used on the rock at the top left hand corner. That is where he said to look. He didn't say the big rock. He said after you retrieve the small cache he has some other information you might want. Think of his information as a free trial or a free sample. exanimo, ss

Upvote 0
OP
OP
G

greeklover

Sep 18, 2004
sorry my mistake the thing on the upper left corner marked as "rock at the site" it is NOT A ROCK and there it used to be an old cherry tree which had been bent.Thank you though for your info.Any suggestions are most welcome!

Upvote 0
OP
OP
G

greeklover

Sep 18, 2004
i have some good news and some bad news regarding my research on this treasure.lets start with the bad news:we did'nt findt it.The good news is that we found more evidence that indicates and confirms that the site is THE SITE (i mean the right one :)).My partners found a tree which it had been burnend down at the basis and that according to some stories of old treasure seekers means that the treasure is very close.They also found inside one cave (the right one) a cross and a X sign.Last but not least they found a tree with its branches pointing inside the ground -they touch the ground- but the y didnt search there yet.Any suggestions or enlightmnets?Please help me i feel that i am so close!!!

Upvote 0

bergie

Bronze Member
Aug 2, 2004
Careful! Human bones you found may have been the last guy who said too much while searching there...:-)

Upvote 0
OP
OP
G

greeklover

Sep 18, 2004
Well guys since far to this time i've accomplished nothing special except some symbols,i said to a friend of mine that has a very powerfull -from what he says ofcourse- garrett detector and we'll go on Monday for hunting!!!He said to me that once he discovered an empy coca cola bottle on a 500m range (range NOT depth) and i cant say if its going to be this good on scanning below stones.What do you guys think?Is this machine powerfull enough to scan under stone?

Upvote 0
OP
OP
G

greeklover

Sep 18, 2004
and something that came to me just now.One of my partners used a LECTRASEARCH (VF600 or VS600 is the model number icant remember) and it found gold but it cant specify the exact location.My question is:Is this is device in any way reliable?
Thanks for all the help you given me so far

Upvote 0

Siegfried Schlagrule

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Indiana
Detector(s) used
if the stone has mineral content you will not penetrate below it by reading through it. If it has no mineral content you may penetrate if the stone isn't too thick. exanimo, ss

Upvote 0
OP
OP
G

greeklover

Sep 18, 2004
thanks a lot for your help.I hope that will get something on Monday - Tuesday (one of these days) since i'm really optimistic about the results since my friend with the detector has actually found stuff using it.I'd like to ask what do you mean by saying mineral inside the stone?Do you mean if we don't have a solid stone?The stones are solid!
Please be more specific and if you can give me some examples i'd really be much helped
thank you

Upvote 0
OP
OP
G

greeklover

Sep 18, 2004
A brief update just to know what happens...
Since we came to nowhere with our last visits we decided to recruit an expert with a homemade magnetometer.Do you think that the magnetometer indications combined with the results of garrett detector could lead us to riches?The last marks we found was 3 round holes inside the center cave and a tree with a sun-like symbol carved on it.Every day we move forward to our research and i believe this magnetometer will do the final job for us since we dont need to scan below 2-3 meters depth (about 6 - 9 feet max) and this guy claims his piece of machinery is extrordinary.I'll let you guys know if something important comes up.

Upvote 0

Siegfried Schlagrule

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Some rocks are neutral and do not cause a reaction on a metal detector. Other rocks are metalliferous and will cause a reaction. On your basic non-metallic rock a standard metal detector can penetrate up to 6 inches in ideal conditions. If the rock is metalifferous the depth can drop to an inch or two. exanimo, ss

Upvote 0
OP
OP
G

greeklover

Sep 18, 2004
Thanks Siegfred,this penetration depth can don nothing and thats why we'll use a handmade magnetometer and hope to get better (maybe the BEST :)) results.In any case i'll let you know.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
G

greeklover

Sep 18, 2004
Well guys the new sign is an 8 with a line above it.Does anyone know what this sign means?Please help me i'm more than desperate!!!The sign looks something like this 8

Upvote 0

southern gent

Aug 1, 2004
Pickens Co. S.C.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal, Sovriegn. Whites. Garret
Primary Interest:
Other
The worst thing that I know about mediterranean tresures is that they( Greeks) used the sun to help triangulate. That means that some of the signs you are trying to use must be used at the right time then most often lead only to more signs. Any way, a good two box will more than likely do the trick, except in cases of too much mineralization. ( Iron, copper and other minerals in the ground or stones.) Keep us posted and HH! Chris

Upvote 0
OP
OP
G

greeklover

Sep 18, 2004
You mean that this sign means that at 8 oclock i have to search for more signs?What can i say?
Please give me an example if possible
Thanks

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions