help please anybody

ticm

Silver Member
Sep 5, 2007
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i and DFX
blessed4211 said:
i live in waynesboro pa and i am looking for places to dig in or around area , can anyone tell me where. thanks sooooooo much

I was just digging in my garden a couple hours ago. Got rid of some weeds. You can come down to my place the next time I need some weeding done.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i live in waynesboro pa and i am looking for places to dig in or around area , can anyone tell me where. thanks sooooooo much
We've done our research and now it is time to do yours. Nobody is going to tell you what places to search. But you can visit the local libery to look up old maps and history of your area. No telling what happened in the area where you live as that dirt was here before you were born.

norbyx

Jun 3, 2012
San Jose
Detector(s) used
Actual: Whites MXT All Pro, M6 and Tesoro Sand Shark

Ex: BH Platinum, Tesoro Lobo, ST & Tejon, Teknetics Delta, Whites MXT, V3i, Dual Field, MX5; DP Wader, Garrett At-PRO, Fisher Gold Bug 2, CZ-70Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
ticm said:
I was just digging in my garden a couple hours ago. Got rid of some weeds. You can come down to my place the next time I need some weeding done.

Lol

Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet

Steveo

Jun 12, 2012
upstate Ny
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Garrett gtp1350, Garrett ace150, Whites M6, Whites XLT, Whites QTX, Tesoro Silver Umax,
(RETIRED> ☆Whites Coinmaster TR, ☆Whites Coinmaster 2 TR AM)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

:laughing7:

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
ok welcome * now where to hunt * -- first you need to learn yor local laws for your state --some states are "tough" others not so on hunting on "publicly owned lands" -- if hunting on pulbicly owned lands is allowed then the second factor to think about is exactly want is it that you want to find ? --historical items ? - gold or silver jewelry , coins ? -- what yor after will help you figger out where to look -- if your looking for a car you go to the car dealership not the local 7 - 11 right? --well the same holds true for metal detecting finds -- to find stuff --it had to be lost there first of all ==so if looking for lost jewelry one might look at local swimming hole areas --if one is looking for say old (pre 1964) silver coins --one must look at places where folks used to hang out in 1964 and earlier( when silver dimes , quarters and halves were common in pocket change) --say a old drive in movie theater parking area * -- the best way to find hunting places is to learn your local area history --yes its a lot of boring work but it is required work -- since as a general rule no one is just going to 'give up" their hard won "researched" / spots . because you say "pretty please"

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Check local parks, ask friends if you can hunt their property, BUT first practice on your yard, learn how to find and recover a target with minimal damage to the grass. If you don't learn that no one is going to want you on their property.

As far as someone telling the actual address to hunt can you imagine a gold prospector asking " show me a stream where you found gold" and you will know why members are joking.

I will give you a hint......Google is your best friend, use it in your research.

Last edited:

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
dahlonega , ga has several gold baring streams :headbang:

I know that for a fact -- just got back from em.

Last edited:

Steveo

Jun 12, 2012
upstate Ny
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Garrett gtp1350, Garrett ace150, Whites M6, Whites XLT, Whites QTX, Tesoro Silver Umax,
(RETIRED> ☆Whites Coinmaster TR, ☆Whites Coinmaster 2 TR AM)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
We've done our research and now it is time to do yours. Nobody is going to tell you what places to search. But you can visit the local libery to look up old maps and history of your area. No telling what happened in the area where you live as that dirt was here before you were born.

Not really true,Ticm gave ya a place to do some digging :laughing7: Since ticm tomatoes are doing well this year maybe he'll share some for your time..........:laughing7:

Yeah,like Sandman already said.Research of some sort will be required if you wish to find the hot spots of your area from the past. At times old maps will also show places that people from the past has gathered at and this is what ya want to look for.Old fairgrounds,race tracks,picnic groves,parks,swimming holes,old homesteds just to name a few.Sometimes infomation on these kinds of areas that may not exist anymore in your location can usually be obtained by the older generation that has been living in the area for many years.
Hope this will help ya out some
Good luck & happy hunting..............................................

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
Re.: what Ivan alludes to: that there might be some tough "states", would only apply to state parks, not local (city and county level) parks. And as for the rest (city and county), it's not actually seeing where it's "allowed", but .... rather .... turn it around the other way: If you're skittish, it's checking to see if it's DIS-allowed (ie.: if there are any prohibitions against it). For example, if you are wondering if it's ok to fly frisbees, you do not look to find verbage saying "frisbee flying is allowed". Rather, you look to see if there is any rules prohibiting flying frisbees. If there is no rules saying that (silent on the subject), then presto, it must not be disallowed :)

So this checking that he's alluding to, is not the same as "asking permission", or thinking "there has to be express allowance", but actually, just to make sure there is nothing written in the city's website of local rules and ordinances about it.

Jay In NewKen

Jun 24, 2012
New Kensington, Pa
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Ace 250, Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've only recently got back into MD'ing and I've found Google, as stated before, to be invaluable for quick research. Also, historicalaerials.com is exceedingly useful for cross-referencing images to help locate forgotten areas. It's been so hot lately, 80 percent of my time has been research and md'n in the evenings when it's cooler. Also, before I forget, online photo sites like Flickr and pa.ancestory can help show images of popular location as well.

Jay

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
P.S. my tomatoes are doing real well this year.

Oh yeah, they will be doing good until I found your house :laughing7:

blessed, I would suggest any local parks, ball fields, lakes etc.... You have to start somewhere where there is dirt :tongue3:

kayden

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Ace250,AT Pro & Garrett Propointer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh you guys are a big TEASE!...go look for some old rock foundations in your nieghberhood....I know that area & there is plenty!Remember to ask for permission

bevo

Bronze Member
Oct 3, 2010
eastern wa
Detector(s) used
minelab eureka,fisher f2,ace 150,fisher gold tick,whites coin classic II
The library is far superior to the internet.

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Real easy.... Wherever people gather. Now, just use your imagination. TTC

Jay In NewKen

Jun 24, 2012
New Kensington, Pa
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Ace 250, Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
bevo said:
The library is far superior to the internet.

Agreed, but its easier to search the net while at work. The library of congress site did have some digital maps that were helpful.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread