What's new

Help please with military button

dirtyJohn

Hero Member
Joined
Nov 30, 2007
Messages
643
Reaction score
47
Golden Thread
0
Location
Whiskey Junction, IL
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 LTD2, Tesoro Tiger Shark, DetectorPro Uniprobe, DetectorPro Pistol Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found this button about 9 inches deep over the weekend. I tried to look it up and it appears to be a general service army button but I couldn't find a match for the back stamp. Any help regarding the age of this and any other info would be appreciated. I don't know much about this topic. thanks for readind.
HH
John
P.S. I darkened the letters on the picture of the back to help with identifying.
 

Attachments

  • button complete.webp
    button complete.webp
    14.7 KB · Views: 282
  • button complete.webp
    button complete.webp
    14.7 KB · Views: 292
I believe it is a General Service (albert 98) 1875-1902
 
Upvote 0
Agree. Probably closer to the newer end of the date range than the older.

Daryl
 
Upvote 0
Thanks for your responses. Much appreciated.
HH
John
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom