What's new

✅ SOLVED Help With An Older Button

Subterranean

Silver Member
Joined
Jan 31, 2012
Messages
3,966
Reaction score
8,893
Golden Thread
0
Location
Southwest Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro (Julio), Garrett AT Max (Medusa), Garrett Pro Pointer, White's Prism V, Lesche Digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Location found: A school soccer field in SW Missouri. My wife and I have also found relics from the 1880's up into modern items in this same field.

Button: 3/4" in diameter with a rusted steel back and one piece (?) shank. No readable back mark. Gilt remains over most of the front, which appears to be a federal eagle with ribbon in its beak.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance, Sub. 8-)

spoonring4.webpspoonring5.webp
 
Found this one in the fashion section of the Waterbury website. Looks pretty close to yours. The rusted iron back is usually, but not always a good indicator of a civilian fashion button.

80108 - Eagles - Waterbury Button
 
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
What would you estimate the production date to be?

I don't know.Maybe the OP could contact Waterbury and get more information. If I was held at gunpoint and forced to give a date range I would guess mid 20th century and hope not to get shot!
 
Upvote 0
After taking another look at the back I am not so sure it is iron. It may just have a thick layer of crud on it.
 
Upvote 0
Found this one in the fashion section of the Waterbury website. Looks pretty close to yours. The rusted iron back is usually, but not always a good indicator of a civilian fashion button.

80108 - Eagles - Waterbury Button

fyrffytr1, I am sure that is the one, thank you very much. I agree, probably mid 20th century. I will marked this one as "solved." Sub 8-)
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom