What's new

Help with artists name/drawings

ArmyVeteran84

Jr. Member
Joined
Feb 13, 2024
Messages
90
Reaction score
161
Golden Thread
0
Hello

Here are three drawings from an artist with the last name of Marks, first initial S.
I believe that each drawing is done in charcoal?
Any help would greatly be appreciated. If possibly of value
?

Thank you!
Jim
 
Upvote 0
Hello

Here are three drawings from an artist with the last name of Marks, first initial S.
I believe that each drawing is done in charcoal?
Any help would greatly be appreciated. If possibly of value
?

Thank you!
Jim
Sorry, lol.. I guess it would help if the drawings were there to be seen.

Thank you!
Jim
 

Attachments

  • 20240317_145611.webp
    20240317_145611.webp
    285.2 KB · Views: 52
  • 20240317_145623.webp
    20240317_145623.webp
    111.5 KB · Views: 55
  • 20240317_145812.webp
    20240317_145812.webp
    62.4 KB · Views: 54
Nicely done. The middle one is listed here for $40 and said to have been purchased during a trip to Alaska:

Marks.webp


The artist doesn’t seem to be listed in the National Gallery of Canada’s Inuit artist database, nor have any prominence or biographical details on Alaskan art sites, so I would guess this is from someone earning a few dollars selling their work in tourist outlets.
 
Nicely done. The middle one is listed here for $40 and said to have been purchased during a trip to Alaska:

View attachment 2137797

The artist doesn’t seem to be listed in the National Gallery of Canada’s Inuit artist database, nor have any prominence or biographical details on Alaskan art sites, so I would guess this is from someone earning a few dollars selling their work in tourist outlets.
Hello Red-Coat

That's AWSOME! Thank you!
Great job! finding this information, appreciate it so much.
I failed to mention that I bought all three in a real nice wooden vertical frame for $10
I think it's pretty cool! a little big for making room to hang on my walls, lol.. I'll figure something out.

Thanks again!
Jim
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom