Help with find

goldentruth

Nov 3, 2011
French Gulch, North Calif.
Detector(s) used
"WHITES" GOLDMASTER "GMT" & "TESORO GOLDEN SABRE II" with silent search.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I posted help for treasure catche hunting.
Some of you metal detecting pals I have a question.
I am hikeing and metal detecting up toward a rock peak and have found stapples possibly from wood boxes used by gold mine minners in that site area.
Do you think this is a good indicator. I found 3, each a foot deep and a foot away from each other.
A neatly stacked small wall is there to box in some boulders.
I am going back today, possibly to check under where the wall is built.
Any ideas or answers? :sign13: :help: :icon_thumleft:

Upvote 0

okdiggermark

Nov 7, 2011
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Garrett Pro-Pointer, Lesche...
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've not prospected. But heck, search it! If you don't, you'll always wonder what might have been there... :tard:

OP
OP
goldentruth

goldentruth

Nov 3, 2011
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thank you "okdiggermark" for the reply.
I went to further search the site but I heard a vehicle pull up and a dude was checking out my older Mercedes benz and from the high peak I had to cut my trip short to hike back down. This transient person said a mine claim owner asked this dude to watch his claim.
(But it was getting freezing by the creek and nobody comes when it gets dark.) So I have to get back there again. Till next time.

okdiggermark

Nov 7, 2011
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Garrett Pro-Pointer, Lesche...
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
goldentruth said:
Thank you "okdiggermark" for the reply.
I went to further search the site but I heard a vehicle pull up and a dude was checking out my older Mercedes benz and from the high peak I had to cut my trip short to hike back down. This transient person said a mine claim owner asked this dude to watch his claim.
(But it was getting freezing by the creek and nobody comes when it gets dark.) So I have to get back there again. Till next time.

Well, have fun with it and find some gold!

OP
OP
goldentruth

goldentruth

Nov 3, 2011
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
(I returned to the site where I found stapples and the search was cut short by a guy with dig hanging around my older mercedes the day before.)
As I said: It is by a over night camp area in the woods, he gave me a story of being paid to watch a miner claim and would stay until the ranger would tell him to leave, he did not pay for camping.
The guy had a van he was sleeping in with his pitbull. This dude asked me about my knife I had on, a katana short (samuri). I also had a survival knife for the local mountian lyon or bear. I then left.
Today I came back and found around the rock hill where I was looking for burried gold miners stash, I found a deer trail which brought me to another creek which is secluded and I ran my detector finding fence wire and a gold plated earing and 1800's square miners nails,(5 count.) and a large "Hot rock". the permafrost is present and dusk starting I was going to leave. Before I was gone I checked around a camp rire ring and low and behold, I found a "choke-wire weapon" with red soft plastic handles, factory made. This is the comando type used to remove enemy personel used from behind.
I picked it up and took it with me. I think if it belonged to the guy I was chatting with, he had second thoughts about messing with me. He was right, I have had training as well as some in town spread rumors of me being a retired cop. (I am only a family man). I'm going back and I have been searching for a lost gold vein in this area,
what I like is it is not picked over to much. (We got to find the mother load! lol) later.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread