What's new

Help with huge stoneware jug

jtw1313

Silver Member
Joined
Feb 5, 2013
Messages
3,728
Reaction score
2,099
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If any one can help with info on this huge stoneware jug maybe what year it was made or what state. It is huge weighs over 20 lbs and is 17 inches tall and 11 inches wide
 
Last edited:
That is a BEAUTY! It is probably from Ohio, Pennsylvania, New York area and is mid the late 1800's. I dug several like this in the late 1960s in That were made in Mogadore Ohio.
 
Upvote 0
Put up another pic so anyone who is not good with size in photos can actually see how big
 
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Great intacy relic
 
Upvote 0
Thats so called Salt Glaze Pottery, which I would say 19th century or early 20th century.


If imported, most likely from England or Germany.


Greets Namxat
 
Upvote 0
That’s a monster, we used to dig those here in New England when I was a kid, I remember the blue glaze.
 
Upvote 0
That's a nice one. You can still get them here from time to time at the antique shops. I concur they date mid to late 19th century.
 
Upvote 0
The 4 stands for four gallons.
 
Upvote 0
Probably a mas produced piece from a large pottery works. Most limited production potters signed their work.
 
Upvote 0
I sent the pics to my father who is an avid stoneware collector, he's pretty certain it's an Ohio piece but not sure of the manufacturer. He mentioned Mogadore (as did Steve earlier in the thread). Probably 1860s or 1870s.
 
Upvote 0
Nice old jug. Nice decorative piece.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom