Help with possible trail signs along a river

OP
OP
G

ghost_rider

Apr 20, 2008
UPDATE​

I wanted to give everyone an update on these possible trail signs along the river, which we have been discussing for a few months now.

I didn't want to leave everyone hanging on the issue!! I have been spending some time in the area but not as much as I would like to. There is certainly something here but there are some added problems that have to be dealt with in the process.

1st- Yes, the area has been flooded and the rocks may have been shifted somewhat or moved from their original positions from the high waters, in fact the last trip was cut short because the river levels were up and covering the rocks. This also makes me suspisious since the rocks are only visible at certain times of the year and unless you know those times you won't find anything!!

2nd- The flooding also adds the issue of some of the trees being uprooted or turned over by the flooding waters, some trees may even be in the bottom of the river now.

I have not yet taken a metal detector to the area but will be doing so in the near future. I have been spending more time checking the other rocks for holes or any carvings, which has proved difficult in itself since there are tons of modern day carvings and names all over the place. I seems that these are the only trail markers in the immediate area and the only carvings that are not associated with someone's name on the rocks.

The next trip we will be working directly with the hole in the rock and metal detecting the area, for some odd reason I feel like we are going to end up on the other side of the river!! This may in fact be the location of the next marker.

I will keep everyone posted and any tips or help is always appreciated here!!!

Texas Jay

Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2006
Brownwood, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Scorpion Gold Stinger, Garrett Ace 350, Garrett Ace 250, vintage D-Tex SK 70, Tesoro Mojave, Dowsing Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi ghost_rider. I am attaching a couple of photos of two trees that are located in Brownwood, Brown County, Texas. One is a Hoot Owl tree and the other is the Eye of the Needle tree. We have many more examples of KGC symbols and signs in our Photos section at:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/bloodybillandersonmystery

Texas Jay

Attachments

• Hoot Owl - FP3.jpg
    Hoot Owl - FP3.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 843
  • Eye of the Needle tree - FP1.jpg
    Eye of the Needle tree - FP1.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 850
  • Eye of the Needle tree - FP3.jpg
    Eye of the Needle tree - FP3.jpg
    122.5 KB · Views: 814

tapoutking

Jun 27, 2007
Simi Valley California
My problem with "tree markers" is that if someone did that to a tree in its infancy they would not be able to control the growth over the hundred plus years it would take to make it a feasable way to mark a treasure.

Deese

Oct 24, 2008
Mebane,NC
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Simplex,Vallon Gizmo,Deeptech Vista Smart,Nexus Coronado,AKA Sorex,Quest X10
Old Dog said:
You may find
oak
Beech
Pines
Cedar, or Juniper (like mine)
Any long lived trees

these trees may have been bent by Native Americans prior to their use by KGC, but most are on a compass line that is used as a bearing line by KGC..
Here is a link that may help,
http://www.ahgweb.com/images/pamphlet.pdf

The link says Indian trail trees But not all of them are.
The KGC who set up the reserves would even graft the trees to shape them .
But take a look and see if this helps.

Thom
I have seen these trees before,there is one on a home site I am working at.It is near the end of a quartz rock wall,which intersects a feild at 90 degrees.Which way is the tree pointing? from the base bent towards the object of intrest? There is a spring nearby my tree but the tree is bent away from the spring.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread