What's new

🔎 UNIDENTIFIED Help with this piece

chadkeath

Full Member
Joined
Jan 30, 2013
Messages
230
Reaction score
319
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi I've had this for a few years. Found in desert where I live. Im not sure if its just glass or what. But thought id ask her. Thank you.
 

Attachments

  • 20250713_103748.webp
    20250713_103748.webp
    445.8 KB · Views: 120
  • 20250713_103754.webp
    20250713_103754.webp
    305.3 KB · Views: 97
  • 20250713_103759.webp
    20250713_103759.webp
    686.3 KB · Views: 86
  • 20250713_103809.webp
    20250713_103809.webp
    420.3 KB · Views: 78
My first thought was Fulgurite, or lightening glass, but it's usually whitish and a rougher shape.
It could be polished volcanic glass.
 
Upvote 0
I would be sure it's neither a fulgurite, nor volcanic glass.

What it most looks like to me is a piece of smoky quartz, but surely not naturally-occurring in that form. I would suggest that someone has cut and polished it to that cabochon shape... perhaps for use as a paperweight.
 
Upvote 0
I would be sure it's neither a fulgurite, nor volcanic glass.

What it most looks like to me is a piece of smoky quartz, but surely not naturally-occurring in that form. I would suggest that someone has cut and polished it to that cabochon shape... perhaps for use as a paperweight.
That's what I first thought, but didn't really feel the need to express that opinion. Likely a piece of merchandise from a vendor that sells fossils, rocks and minerals.
 
Upvote 0

Similar threads

Replies
8
Views
672
  • Question Question
🔎 UNIDENTIFIED What is this, Agate?
Replies
6
Views
572

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom