What's new

Help with varirty on 1798 Large Cent

VERMONTPACKRAT

Bronze Member
Joined
Aug 6, 2007
Messages
2,243
Reaction score
391
Golden Thread
0
Location
Topsham, Vermont
Detector(s) used
Minelab 705, Garrett ace 250
I dug this coin last spring and have never nailed down the SHELDON #. I have Penny Whimsey and I think that she is S-165. I am probably wrong, so any help with this is greatly apriciated :thumbsup:

VPR

 

Attachments

  • IMG_8726_1_1.webp
    IMG_8726_1_1.webp
    37.6 KB · Views: 347
  • IMG_8728_1_1.webp
    IMG_8728_1_1.webp
    41.7 KB · Views: 349
  • IMG_8729_1_1.webp
    IMG_8729_1_1.webp
    38.1 KB · Views: 336
  • IMG_8730.1_1_1_1.webp
    IMG_8730.1_1_1_1.webp
    58.8 KB · Views: 323
Looks to me like the "Style 2" hair, but I can't tell otherwise. Nice find!
 
Upvote 0
In my coin book,this is a draped bust large cent which dates from 1796-1807.Can read the date on yours though..
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom