cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
it is where people who have the ability to find things by haveing an aerial photograph or a map in front of them. They use a pendulem or diving rods as a tool. They ask questions and the tool will respond. I have never seen it done, but I am very interested in the process.

I am sure some other members, who dowse, can give a more clear answer.

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
To me map dowsing is part of my treasure hunting...I always have a dowsed map with me when I leave home. I find it very useful when following a legend...No..I am not always correct but have had enough success that if I do not get a reading on an area I just do not waste my time or money to drive to the area. When I put an x on a map I do not expect it to be there but know that I am in the right area. It is just another tool that I use..Art

pops9653

Apr 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can you dowse a map that is online without printing it? or one on the computer or do you need to print it our? Of course if you take it in the field with you printing would prove fruitful LOL
Can you dowse a county map online then when you narrow it down to a more specific spot print a map?

MrBalance

May 6, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BigBeefy, it would be best that you try dowsing for water first.
It is much easier, and most people can do it.

Once you are able to do it you will always be a ...believer. And only then you will understand this section.

OP
OP
BigBeefy

BigBeefy

Jan 19, 2010
Knoxvegas, TN
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm not wanting to dowse at all. I saw this section and didn't know what it was. Now it's starting to sound a little suspicious. People locating treasure from a photo. Yea.
I don't believe it, but that's all I'll say about it.
Thanks for the replies.

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
~pops9693~
Can you dowse a map that is online without printing it?
I do mine right on the computer screen with a program called Microsoft Digital Image or Picture it..
or one on the computer or do you need to print it our? Of course if you take it in the field with you printing would prove fruitful LOL
Printing maps can cost a lot of money for the ink....A lap top is something good to take with you. When you know where the target is you can look at Google Earth and plan the easiest way to get to it as sometimes it is miles from a road.

Can you dowse a county map online then when you narrow it down to a more specific spot print a map?
I don’t know about the other map dowsers but I crop maps and photos to get a closer look.. The spot on the map is seldom accurate...I have recovered treasure anywhere from on the spot up to several 100 yards from it....My map dowsing just puts me in the area of the treasure...Art

pops9653

Apr 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Art. I have not started map dowsing yet but I intend too. My idea is to search the county maps around me for caches, archaeology sites, and other artifacts. Once I have areas of interest I will hit those areas with the MD and or other dowsing tools. I need to practice first. I have made L rods out of coat hangers and found the water lines at my house and the hose pipe while filling the pool while blindfolded. Easy stuff walking in the direction of the source but the rods crossed just as I reached the hose.

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
aarthrj said:
I do mine right on the computer screen with a program called Microsoft Digital Image or Picture it..
That brings up a dumb question on my part. (I have read a lot about map dowsing and it was always a flat map on a table top) Do you lay your flat screen monitor flat on your desk so you can hold your pendulem above it? OR?

Last edited:
S

stefen

I'm not wanting to dowse at all. I saw this section and didn't know what it was. Now it's starting to sound a little suspicious. People locating treasure from a photo. Yea.
I don't believe it, but that's all I'll say about it.
Thanks for the replies.

First, I must assume that this topic is open to both pro and con replies...

That being the case, I'm suprised that you have the audacity to remotely suggest that dowsing a picture sounds a little suspicious...

Instead of a "Little Suspicious", I'd use the term "Sham or Bogus". Humorous ever comes to mind...

This could become a hit TV show for Geraldo Rivera...:laughing7:

okiedowser

Dec 26, 2009
Mena,Ar
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
what a lot of people don't understand, picture's taken with a camera has it on the picture,what you don't see with your eye,the camera get it......but if you are mental dowsing,it don't matter you can use any hand drawed map....(i don't mental dowse.) to many empty hole's.

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
~cyberdan~
aarthrjI do mine right on the computer screen with a program called Microsoft Digital Image or Picture it..[/QUOTE said:
That brings up a dumb question on my part. (I have read a lot about map dowsing and it was always a flat map on a table top) Do you lay your flat screen monitor flat on your desk so you can hold your pendulem above it? OR?
Yes a flat map on a table was the way I learned...I now put my cursor on the screen and ask my questions..I then divide the screen picture in fourths and start again...then I divide the positive fourths again...a simple process of elimination..
~stefen~
First, I must assume that this topic is open to both pro and con replies...
Whatever floats your boat

That being the case, I'm suprised that you have the audacity to remotely suggest that dowsing a picture sounds a little suspicious...

Instead of a "Little Suspicious", I'd use the term "Sham or Bogus". Humorous ever comes to mind...
There maybe some map dowsers that are a "Sham or Bogus". After years here on t-net all I see are interested treasure hunters exchanging information..

This could become a hit TV show for Geraldo Rivera..
Does he still have anyone the would believe him?...Art.

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Thank You..I use the cursor to mark the area on the map while I ask questions using a Pendulum..I tried touching the screen with my finger but the negative charge in my left hand disrupted the swing of the pendulum.

A metallic pendulum attached by a wire will take on the charge of the hand it is being held by. A pendulum held by a nonconductive string will take on the charge of the last hand which held the pendulum. The pendulum when rotating above an object of a similar charge will continue to rotate and eventually swing back and forth perpendicular to the object. This pendulum when rotating above an object of the opposite charge will start to swing back and forth parallel to the object being dowsed. Caution here when dowsing an object you have touched the object will usually take on the charge of the last hand that touched it. This can be demonstrated by dowsing over an object such as a table knife depending on which hand touched the knife last an opposite reaction of the dowsing device will be seen.

Last edited:

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do you think a metallic pendulum can be "un-charged" and then never touched? Would that work better? It could be kept in a case and pulled out by it's string. Or, would a crystal pendulum work better?

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250/GTA 1,000; Fisher Gold Bug-2; Gemini-3; Unique Design L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have tried a selection of 7 different gemstone pendulums. Opal is one I really like the feel, when using it. Green cat's eye, at least the facated type on a chain, seems to work excellent. All of these have chains which are the 18 K gold plated. Metal type pendulums with strings are easy to use. Quartz crystal pendulums should have a silver chain. I've seen Native American crystal pendulums on a beaded string, top of crystal trimmed in white buckskin with a small pouch to keep it in.

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Back when Cherokees were Cherokees.....old Cherokee traditions.
WHEN Cherokees WERE Cherokee

[SIZE=-1] "There were five different sizes of divining stones used in ancient times. The largest was used in war divination; the next largest for feasts, purification, and divination concerning sickness; the next for hunting; the next for finding things lost or stolen; and the smallest for determining the time allotted for anyone to live. These curious stones were crystalline quartz and six-sided, coming to a point at one end like a diamond. They were called "lights" and were important to ritual." (Gilbert, 345)[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]
Plummets: "Plummets were commonly used to divine the location of a lost object or person. A plummet was a small lump of red ocher or some other earth held between the thumb and index finger of the right hand. The left hand was held, with fingers extended, in front of the
right. A formula would be uttered, and in time the plummet would begin to swing, and the direction in which it swung most strongly would be the direction in which to search."

[/SIZE]

Last edited:

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
`cyberdan~
Do you think a metallic pendulum can be "un-charged" and then never touched?
Mine works fine with a positive charge...With a negative charge it still works but the swings are different. I just make sure that the last hand that touched it is my right hand
Pendulum.jpg
You can use anything you want to use as long as you are comfortable
I store mine in a box on my computer table along with the all the other junk that I may need when using the computer...Art

BAMACE350

Jun 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm new to this aswell and would like to learn about it, and help prove its nothing to laugh at.

Here is a place I will be searching Saturday morning, hoping to get some pointers.

Thanks in advance, this is too cool.

ad1a7e48-468d-a059.jpg

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
4-5 ft deep.

ad1a7e48-468d-a059-BAMACE350.jpg