Jan 2, 2010
New Castle NH.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Brain eyes ears and nose
Primary Interest:
Other
Hi all!
got out for a hunt today, the usual finds.
some buttons, coins & relics, nothing exceptional.
This piece struck my fancy, I am usually cursing the linemen for discarding
wire wraps and scraps, not today :laughing7:
I love the color, 'Hemingray blue', I can't find any model 72s for sale on ebay,
not sure if it's got any sort of value, but it sure is pretty.
The Hemingray site below only shows it in 'Ice blue'
other than a few surface scratches it is in fantastic shape.
made from 1900-1930. Thanks for looking & HH to everyone :thumbsup:
http://www.hemingray.info/database/images/embossings/295HEM010.jpg

Attachments

• NH FINDS 06-16 003.jpg
    NH FINDS 06-16 003.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 955
  • NH FINDS 06-16 002.jpg
    NH FINDS 06-16 002.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 955
  • NH FINDS 06-16 001.jpg
    NH FINDS 06-16 001.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 929
Upvote 0
Here's one I found this morning, Hemingray 19 with the wire still attached. Went out to have a look at a new spot along the tracks and noticed it way down in the ditch, had to make my way down a steep bank with thistles everywhere, but it was worth it.

Attachments

• IMAG0030.JPG
    IMAG0030.JPG
    69.7 KB · Views: 274
steelheadwill said:
Antiquarian said:
I've always loved insulators! The variations in the styles and colours are amazing. I remember once when I was 16, I climbed onto the roof of an abandoned garage in the middle of a field to unscrew an insulator! :laughing7:

Nice find Herbie,
Dave
Thanks Everyone!
Dave, you were a little Hellion :laughing7:
I climbed the roof of an old garage too, didn't know where I was when I woke up in
it's dark basement after crashing through the roof and first floor.
A few stitches in my eyebrow, and I was off to my next adventure.
Which I believe was teasing the local 'junkyard dog', who proceeded to snap his chain, chase me in what seemed like slow motion,
and left 2 puncture marks in my butt :D
Ahh, the memories of childhood :tongue3:
I don't know how my Mom survived me, God Bless Her..

LOL :laughing9: That's a fine insulator you have there Herbie. I collect those as well and I've got some of the light and dark aqua-colored ones like yours but yours is a unique looking one. I've not seen one quite like that one around my region. Very pretty and in really good shape! A terrific find. :icon_thumleft: :wink:

I have a few old insulators but nothing as colorful as that one......way to go! Nice find.

NOLA_Ken said:
Here's one I found this morning, Hemingray 19 with the wire still attached. Went out to have a look at a new spot along the tracks and noticed it way down in the ditch, had to make my way down a steep bank with thistles everywhere, but it was worth it.
Jeez!
You said you were gonna go look, and.....
nice find! looks to be 'Hemingray Blue'
I think I might take a walk down by that old dock tomorrow and see if I can find me a gold coin drop, maybe a pocket spill or something :laughing9:

steelheadwill said:
NOLA_Ken said:
Jeez!
You said you were gonna go look, and.....
nice find! looks to be 'Hemingray Blue'
I think I might take a walk down by that old dock tomorrow and see if I can find me a gold coin drop, maybe a pocket spill or something :laughing9:

Hahaha, I hope you find it. I was actually looking for the foundation of an old workers shack. Maybe I'll find it this weekend.

{Sentinel} said:
steelheadwill said:
Antiquarian said:
I've always loved insulators! The variations in the styles and colours are amazing. I remember once when I was 16, I climbed onto the roof of an abandoned garage in the middle of a field to unscrew an insulator! :laughing7:

Nice find Herbie,
Dave
Thanks Everyone!
Dave, you were a little Hellion :laughing7:
I climbed the roof of an old garage too, didn't know where I was when I woke up in
it's dark basement after crashing through the roof and first floor.
A few stitches in my eyebrow, and I was off to my next adventure.
Which I believe was teasing the local 'junkyard dog', who proceeded to snap his chain, chase me in what seemed like slow motion,
and left 2 puncture marks in my butt :D
Ahh, the memories of childhood :tongue3:
I don't know how my Mom survived me, God Bless Her..

LOL :laughing9: That's a fine insulator you have there Herbie. I collect those as well and I've got some of the light and dark aqua-colored ones like yours but yours is a unique looking one. I've not seen one quite like that one around my region. Very pretty and in really good shape! A terrific find. :icon_thumleft: :wink:
Thanks Sentinel, my first one, from what I read these are for hi voltage.
I think this one is good for 17,000 volts!
Keep Pillaging :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back