treasure005.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 854
Upvote 0

DrGrip

Apr 12, 2009
North, Texas
Detector(s) used
White's XLT & Quick Draw II
Here are my guesses as to what all you have in the first pic... The Jr. G-Man badge is puzzling, I couldn't find anything on one shaped as a star, most were the normal shield style...

Attachments

• finds.jpg
    finds.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 825

beetle662

Bronze Member
Jul 25, 2003
Independence, KY
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Simplex+
Those are some great old relics... not to mention that you found some wheaties in the yard. Keep hunting it... I'd be willing to bet a silver coin will pop up soon!

Congrats! :thumbsup:

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good stuff! Keep hunting.

Our current house is dry. :-( 20 years old and only clad (so far). LAst place was 80 years old and I dug a Merc and many wheats.

PS - I think that's a Pontiac emblem (car) trinket or fob. Flash Gordon had a lightning bolt over his ears. ;-)

STH69

Bronze Member
Feb 17, 2009
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter, ACE 250 with 9X12 coil
heck yes, great stuff

st1ss

Apr 14, 2009
Detector(s) used
2 Tesoros
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I believe that the larger sparkplug looking thing is actually the Magneto contactor from maybe a model T ford. I used to have a T and it hade one very simular to that one. Is the cone part like a bakelite or black plastic? Thats the insulator part if so. the other end should have a spike thing that made contact with a lead blob that was the Mags + end. Or not. Thats my impression imho.

OP
OP
lakillian

lakillian

Dec 29, 2006
Winfield, WV
Detector(s) used
Exp II, Prism V, Ace 250
DrGrip said:
Here are my guesses as to what all you have in the first pic... The Jr. G-Man badge is puzzling, I couldn't find anything on one shaped as a star, most were the normal shield style...

Wow thanks for your indentification of the things. I didn't know what to call half of them lol. The flash gordon pendent is actually an old pontiac key chain or fob not sure which and the battery? is more like an old lipstick container. It has been smashed but at one time you can tell that it could have been opened!

Thanks again when I get more I will post it!

OP
OP
lakillian

lakillian

Dec 29, 2006
Winfield, WV
Detector(s) used
Exp II, Prism V, Ace 250
Charlie P. (NY) said:
PS - I think that's a Pontiac emblem (car) trinket or fob. Flash Gordon had a lightning bolt over his ears. ;-)

Yes you are right that is exactly what it is :) I can't believe I forgot to mention it!

OP
OP
lakillian

lakillian

Dec 29, 2006
Winfield, WV
Detector(s) used
Exp II, Prism V, Ace 250
st1ss said:
I believe that the larger sparkplug looking thing is actually the Magneto contactor from maybe a model T ford. I used to have a T and it hade one very simular to that one. Is the cone part like a bakelite or black plastic? Thats the insulator part if so. the other end should have a spike thing that made contact with a lead blob that was the Mags + end. Or not. Thats my impression imho.

You know I am not sure, I guess I have to look at my things more carefully. I have already trashed it all. Except the gun, badge, monies and the belt buckle.

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:wave: Laki, looks like you had a good outing around & about in your yard. Pretty dang good looking relics...about like what I find ;D Puts some extra beats in your heart when the beeper sounds off. Still loads of fun, no matter what we find.

:wink: RR

RiverRat3

Bronze Member
Apr 1, 2009
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX3030
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Sounds like you atleast had fun finding all that stuff. It beats work!

R

RUDY2003

Thats some great stuff. Nice straight razor aned badge.
Keep diggin'...

Rickiowa2009

Mar 6, 2009
Cedar Rapids Iowa
Detector(s) used
GTP1350 Garrett, Xterra 705 gold pack and ace250!
lakillian said:
Not much exciting stuff but still :) The only coins I have found so far are 6 pennies, 2 nickles and 2 wheaties. I don't know what half of the stuff is. I know there are two cap guns, a few spark plugs, some solder, a Junior G-Man bag, a lady's belt buckle and a lipstick container I think.

Thanks for looking and HH!

Love the G man badge, some interesting finds you have there!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread