Hill Billy
Bronze Member
- Joined
- Jun 3, 2007
- Messages
- 1,769
- Reaction score
- 76
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Detector(s) used
- Whites XLT
- Primary Interest:
- Other


Timekiller said:Not sure, will say they did make what is known as bar bell shot.... would measure around a 1" 1/2 long weigh 30 to 60 grams in weight.Some were lead some were bronze.In use around early 1700's.![]()
http://www.icollector.com/Bronze-barbell-shot-rare_i8646436
page 287 top...
http://issuu.com/sedwickcoins/docs/_ta_6__october_2009x?mode=window&backgroundColor=#000000
Breezie said:I think it's a vintage dinner knife rest. How many inches long is the entire piece? Interesting find, Breezie
http://www.icollector.com/Cast-Iron...monica-Advertising-Axe-Bottle-Opener_i8716058
BILL HILLY said:Any guesses here? Come on peeps
I thought it might be from a round ball mould but I havent seen any moulds with 2 balls and a bar in between.
Hill

stefen said:BILL HILLY said:Any guesses here? Come on peeps
I thought it might be from a round ball mould but I havent seen any moulds with 2 balls and a bar in between.
Hill
Usually its 2 balls with a single bar![]()

Timekiller said:Lead alloy was what it looked like to me as well,I've found them in balls that don't weigh like lead of the same sizeThey used what they had I think.
![]()
Take Care,
Pete,![]()