What's new

Here Is My Oldest Coin Whats Yours?!?!?

coincollector101

Hero Member
Joined
May 8, 2007
Messages
534
Reaction score
3
Golden Thread
0
Here Is My Oldest Coin What's Your's?!?!?

Im Not Sure If this Has Been Done.
But I Think It would Be neat to see.

My Oldest Coin is A
1882 S Morgan Silver Dollar
 

Attachments

  • 1882s morgan.webp
    1882s morgan.webp
    8 KB · Views: 499
  • 1882s morgan back.webp
    1882s morgan back.webp
    7.2 KB · Views: 491
Upvote 0
Re: Here Is My Oldest Coin What's Your's?!?!?

Thats an Incredible 125 Years Old!!! :o :o
 
Re: Here Is My Oldest Coin What's Your's?!?!?

Nice Morgan! Do you mean oldest coin over all, or oldest found CRHing?

Mine is a 1572 British sixpence (over all) and an 1898 Indian head cent (CRHing).
 
Re: Here Is My Oldest Coin What's Your's?!?!?

Thats My Oldest Coin Overall.
I Bought It.
My Oldest Coin CRHing is an 1888 Indian Head Penny Very Nice Quality.

CC
 
Re: Here Is My Oldest Coin What's Your's?!?!?

Thats Neat Lizard!

Do you have a pic?

CC
 
Re: Here Is My Oldest Coin What's Your's?!?!?

I Would Love to see your 1572 British sixpence Immy. I Dont Reckon Ive Ever seen one.
 
Re: Here Is My Oldest Coin What's Your's?!?!?

my oldest is this 1880 indian head cent. i got at a coin dealer for $1.50. its about the thickness of a dime, and worn. my oldest coin roll hunting is a 1938 jefferson nickel.
 

Attachments

  • scan0005.webp
    scan0005.webp
    3.8 KB · Views: 429
Re: Here Is My Oldest Coin What's Your's?!?!?

My oldest is an 1854-0 Seated half. A close 2nd is my 1855 Seated half dime and 3rd is an 1858 Flying Eagle cent.

coincollector101 said:
I Would Love to see your 1572 British sixpence Immy. I Dont Reckon Ive Ever seen one.

I'd like to see it too.

Twisted_lizard said:
I have dug a 1797 large cent.

I'd like to see this one also.
 

Attachments

  • P8020046.webp
    P8020046.webp
    35.8 KB · Views: 420
  • P8020045.webp
    P8020045.webp
    35.1 KB · Views: 418
Re: Here Is My Oldest Coin What's Your's?!?!?

heres my oldest two, 35 to 25 BC Celtic Gold, Addedomarous Tribe.

Chicago Ron
 

Attachments

  • ronavatar[1].webp
    ronavatar[1].webp
    1.9 KB · Views: 421
  • ronavatar[1].webp
    ronavatar[1].webp
    1.9 KB · Views: 411
Re: Here Is My Oldest Coin What's Your's?!?!?

my oldest is a 1897 ih
 

Attachments

  • indian head 2.webp
    indian head 2.webp
    57.1 KB · Views: 414
  • indian head 2.webp
    indian head 2.webp
    57.1 KB · Views: 405
Re: Here Is My Oldest Coin What's Your's?!?!?

My oldest..

 

Attachments

  • IMG_8708_1_1.webp
    IMG_8708_1_1.webp
    22.7 KB · Views: 388
  • IMG_8707_1_1_1.webp
    IMG_8707_1_1_1.webp
    23.5 KB · Views: 400
  • IMG_8707_1_1_1.webp
    IMG_8707_1_1_1.webp
    23.5 KB · Views: 387
  • IMG_8708_1_1.webp
    IMG_8708_1_1.webp
    22.7 KB · Views: 388
Re: Here Is My Oldest Coin What's Your's?!?!?

What Is that coin Packrat?

CC
 
Re: Here Is My Oldest Coin What's Your's?!?!?

coincollector101 said:
What Is that coin Packrat?

CC

Same question? ??? I like it.

Chicago Ron said:
heres my oldest two, 35 to 25 BC Celtic Gold, Addedomarous Tribe.

Chicago Ron

Good gosh CR!!! If you don't mind me asking....what is the value on that coin?
 
Re: Here Is My Oldest Coin What's Your's?!?!?

Oldest coin found MDing:

@110-80 BC silver denairus.

Looked like the one pictured below. Field photo is blurry and I couldn't keep it.
 

Attachments

  • SVP.webp
    SVP.webp
    26.1 KB · Views: 316
  • SVPField.webp
    SVPField.webp
    44.5 KB · Views: 327
Re: Here Is My Oldest Coin What's Your's?!?!?

I Bought this today

1881 o

To Bad it was not CC .....
 

Attachments

  • 1881o.webp
    1881o.webp
    6.4 KB · Views: 302
Re: Here Is My Oldest Coin What's Your's?!?!?

I Forgot about these Roman Coins I have. I Know Nothing about them nor What there Worth.
The Only Thing I know about them is that they were in a Sleleve saying roman bronze coin circa 100-400 ad choice.
If any one can shine some light on them That would be Great ;D

Thanks,
CC
 

Attachments

  • Roman Coins.webp
    Roman Coins.webp
    1.8 KB · Views: 292
  • Roman Coins 001.webp
    Roman Coins 001.webp
    1.8 KB · Views: 290
Re: Here Is My Oldest Coin What's Your's?!?!?

coincollector101 said:
I Forgot about these Roman Coins I have. I Know Nothing about them nor What there Worth.
The Only Thing I know about them is that they were in a Sleleve saying roman bronze coin circa 100-400 ad choice.
If any one can shine some light on them That would be Great ;D

Thanks,
CC
Coin on left:

Can't tell which emperor is on the front, but I think that the reverse on the back says VOT V HVLT with a wreath around it? That is a typical reverse for Emperors Valentinian, Valens, Valentinian II, Theodosius, Arcadius, or Honorius. 364 AD +.
 
Re: Here Is My Oldest Coin What's Your's?!?!?

I think my oldest coin I got with the MD'er was an 1824 Nova Scotia (canada) Penny (about the size of a silver dollar but copper), followed closely by an 1828 Half Cent.

I do have a Spanish Reale but the date is worn off, I think that it is technically my oldest coin but not sure on the date.

Oldest coin found CRHing is a 1902 Liberty 'V' Nickel, followed closely by a 1906-O Barber Half. (I do have 3 ICH but they are ALL too worn/corroded to show a date)...no wonder they were spent.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom