What's new

Heres A Few East Coast Arrowheads

bmartin0693

Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 22, 2012
Messages
280
Reaction score
52
Golden Thread
0
Location
East Bend, North Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know yall enjoyed the last thread like this and I did too. Here's a few east coast arrowheads, all east of the Mississippi River. Each frame is a different state. I didn't want to put out too many frames, so I'm hoping this is easy. I will go ahead and give a hint: None are from NC, SC, FL, VA, MD or NY. If any one has a question about the type of one, I will help the best I can. Then maybe you can estimate what state it may have came from. Or if you want to estimate the age that you see for some, that's fine. Maybe I'll learn something new myself. I'll give yall the answers later.
 

Attachments

  • 0503130105.webp
    0503130105.webp
    29.2 KB · Views: 168
  • 0503130055.webp
    0503130055.webp
    27.6 KB · Views: 232
  • 0503130057.webp
    0503130057.webp
    29.8 KB · Views: 129
Last edited:
Upvote 0
last pic west virginia
 
first pic I believe Ga
 
1-Georgia
2-PA
3-Ohio
???????????
 
1-Georgia
2-PA
3-Ohio
???????????
I tricked yuh! LOL! I told Rock wrong, I got my frames mixed up. First pic is not GA. Your lookin in the right area on the east coast. Bci has two of the states, GA & PA but they're not in the right order.
 
Last edited:
Ga must be the last one then. I change my guess, lol
 
Ga must be the last one then. I change my guess, lol

GA is the middle frame. That scraper is really neat. I'm guessing it's not completed. The top two are from Walton Co. The other two found somewhere in the coastal area of GA.
 
Well then the far right one must be Tn then cause I do find those type here. I am only 1 hour from Tn and 1 hour from Ala. Its a job to try and type mine that I find.
 
First frame is from Ohio contains a otter creek(at top) morrow mountain, and what appears to be a cupp point. Second frame is from Pa or Mass. contains a kirk serrated, red jasper lecroy, slate fox creek, slate possibly a normanskill point. Last frame is from Pa and has a Palmer point, kirk, and a quart ovoid knife... My best opinion......
 
Yea guys I know it's confusing, especially ole Rock. I confused him at the beginning, hard trying to figure out what state when all the materials/types look like they could have came from any state on the east coast. It's good to see some of you tried though. Some of yall guessed the right states but in the wrong order and GTP made a decent attempt also. He guessed some types correct (quartzite ovoid, kirk serrated & lecroy) and guessed PA correct (last frame). First frame has a Big Sandy on the top, Motley (quartzite) on the left & Adena (I thought that's what it is) on right. The order of the frames are: 1)TN, 2)GA & 3)PA.
 
Here's better pics of that scraper. It kinda reminds me of an edged flake material that has a short stem. Looks possibly unfinished too. Not sure why it looks like that.
 

Attachments

  • 0505130123.webp
    0505130123.webp
    49 KB · Views: 110
  • 0505130128.webp
    0505130128.webp
    18.8 KB · Views: 94

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom