Hey Beach Hunters

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We need the regular posters to step up and become charter members. This site cost a mere $.054 cents a day, that is 5 and 1/2 pennies a day....Even on my worst day of hunting I find more then that.....That is very little to pay to have access to the vast amount of knowledge that can either be read here, or available though some of the many knowledgeable TN members....

When you find something and you don't know what it is, or if it is old or real, where do you go to find out? You come here and ask. (old button, is this an artifact,
as example.)

If TN is sold there could and most likely will be major changes that will affect all of us, and the changes that come could be in very negative ways. There are other treasure websites, I have been to most of them, but none like TN in my personal opinion....

I personally thing Marc should move some of the features available to non Charter members to Charter membership. No post count available or visible till your a Charter member as example for starters.........It can continue to count as posts are made, just not visible till your a Charter member.

Make the cost of Charter Membership $2.50 a month or $20.00 a year, payable through Paypal or Credit Card...............

Not trying to step on anyone toes here, I just don't want to see major changes in the best Treasure Website on the net is all............

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Treasure_Hunter

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mentalfloss said:
count me in its the least i can do for all the help i have been given on what metal detector to get. I love this site its about the only thing i have to do here in Iraq on my down time with all the story's, pic of peoples finds. I have spent $20.00 on some dumb things but this i use everyday it has endless knowledge and experts and i like it just the way it is. I am so going to become a member as soon as i post this

Mentalfloss,
I see you followed through, congratulations on becoming a Charter Member. :wav: :icon_thumright:
That will be 3 new members I know of today just through this thread, once I receive beachboy's money order.:hello2: If Piercesdad joins that will make 4 new charter members.............

Mentalfloss

May 9, 2006
Oahu, Hawaii
Piercesdad said:
Reading what some the charter member have to share (without the added attitute) is worth my $20. As soon as I figure out paypal I'll be sending it in.

Honestly I probably should have done this months ago.

You know thats what i was thinking. Sometimes when i am out in sector i will start talking to the guys about this site and i got two of my guys so instersted that one guy bought two ACE 250's last night and is going to be a member by the end of the day I guess being over here we have nothing better to do then day dream about all the riches we will find when we get back

OP
OP
Treasure_Hunter

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mentalfloss said:
Piercesdad said:
Reading what some the charter member have to share (without the added attitute) is worth my $20. As soon as I figure out paypal I'll be sending it in.

Honestly I probably should have done this months ago.

You know thats what i was thinking. Sometimes when i am out in sector i will start talking to the guys about this site and i got two of my guys so instersted that one guy bought two ACE 250's last night and is going to be a member by the end of the day I guess being over here we have nothing better to do then day dream about all the riches we will find when we get back

MF,

Glad you have something to take your mind off the dangers there. Stay safe and thank you and your friends for your service.....

SaintSea

Feb 13, 2005
Central Florida
:icon_thumright:I'm with you 100% Treasure_Hunter!
This site is amazing and as Sandman said, just the Search Feature alone is worth the small price to pay to become a Charter Member.
(I was about to complain about individuals using a particular site repeatedly and not feeling the need to chip in a bit for the pleasure... but that just made me realize that I'd better look more closely at my own life: I need to fork over some money to SpyBot.. my "free" Malware protection site!)
Your heart was in the right place, T.H. - don't let the whiners get you down.
Ruth
P.S. And thanks for bring a bit of clarity to my day!

OP
OP
Treasure_Hunter

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SaintSea said:
:icon_thumright:I'm with you 100% Treasure_Hunter!
This site is amazing and as Sandman said, just the Search Feature alone is worth the small price to pay to become a Charter Member.
(I was about to complain about individuals using a particular site repeatedly and not feeling the need to chip in a bit for the pleasure... but that just made me realize that I'd better look more closely at my own life: I need to fork over some money to SpyBot.. my "free" Malware protection site!)
Your heart was in the right place, T.H. - don't let the whiners get you down.
Ruth
P.S. And thanks for bring a bit of clarity to my day!

Ruth, thanks for your support as a Charter member and on this thread..

ThTx

Dec 19, 2006
Combine
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Master Hunter CX Plus, Teknetics G2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Evidently some people think the purpose of this site is to offer a free platform to spew bile and insult others. I think that if their posts get reported enough, they will get censured in some way. At least I hope they do. When someone is trying to get people to make a contribution, others can certainly disagree. However, it would be much more conducive to civilized behavior if they could learn to do so without being rude.

OP
OP
Treasure_Hunter

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Purpose of this thread is simply to recruit more Charter Members to help support TN...........

Beeman

Tenderfoot
Nov 18, 2009
I'm new here. Is this the way everybody on this forum talks to each other? Is this the way people who go detecting act? Maybe I should go somewhere else..

OP
OP
Treasure_Hunter

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beeman said:
I'm new here. Is this the way everybody on this forum talks to each other? Is this the way people who go detecting act? Maybe I should go somewhere else..

There is no need for anyone to insult anyone here. This thread is to recruit more Charter Members only...........

OP
OP
Treasure_Hunter

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I repeat, "Purpose of this thread is simply to recruit more Charter Members to help support TN..........."

OP
OP
Treasure_Hunter

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Purpose of this thread is to recruit more Charter Members to help support TN, not to insult any other members no matter who they are.

OP
OP
Treasure_Hunter

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beeman said:
Any Moderators watching this thread?

Beeman, my apologies earlier for not welcoming you to TN...... :hello:

Yes there are Moderators, but there are lots of boards and lots of threads so sometimes it takes awhile for someone to notice if there is a problem.

On the left side below your name you will see a hot link titled "REPORT POST Nominate For Banner" you use that link to report a member, a problem, or to vote for an item someone has posted as a find if you feel the find is worthy to be placed on the Banner at the top of the site...

Beeman

Tenderfoot
Nov 18, 2009
I will look around some more, because this site was recommended to me. But I am getting in to this hobby for fun, not agitation. If the guy who keeps insulting people is typical of Treasure Net users, I think I'll find a different forum. Thanks anyway and I wish you luck on getting more charter members. I just wonder how many you will get with this kind of abuse happening.

OP
OP
Treasure_Hunter

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beeman said:
I will look around some more, because this site was recommended to me. But I am getting in to this hobby for fun, not agitation. If the guy who keeps insulting people is typical of Treasure Net users, I think I'll find a different forum. Thanks anyway and I wish you luck on getting more charter members. I just wonder how many you will get with this kind of abuse happening.

Beeman, sent you a private IM..............

miamidave

Aug 23, 2008
hollywood
Detector(s) used
recon pro
I dont post alot on here but read alot Ive learned alot and dont have a problem with pitching in.
heres the problem I do have though(no its not the rude folks as Im quite grumpy myself :tongue3:)
marcs apparently talking to the folks who already have paid when he should be talking to the rest of us I have several questions here are a few
#1Why is the site in danger of being sold
#2will some cash solve this problem or just delay it?
#3how did this happen to begin with Lack of sponsorship? lack of moderators and other volunteer staff ect. ect.
#4 has any one looked into fundraisers? (auctions of donated finds, equip ect.) or a seeded hunt? Or?

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
my apologies If I Laundered this Thread Too Much,
Only Trying to Get it On Track Without Making it More confusing.

Treasure_Hunter said it all

Treasure_Hunter said:
Purpose of this thread is to recruit more Charter Members to help support TN, not to insult any other members no matter who they are.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good Golly something happened to all the nasty posts. :headbang:

Beeman, this sniping at fellow members is not tolerated here as much as it happens on other sites. I think of us as a family with the same interests. Sometimes someone goes off their meds or starts posting before having a cup of coffee and we need to over look some things---------till they go too far or often. An BTW, if I haven't welcomed you yet, consider yourself welcomed. :hello:

Sandman

OP
OP
Treasure_Hunter

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
jeff of pa said:
my apologies If I Laundered this Thread Too Much,
Only Trying to Get it On Track Without Making it More confusing.

Treasure_Hunter said it all

Treasure_Hunter said:

Thank you for your help Jeff.........

miamidave

Aug 23, 2008
hollywood
Detector(s) used
recon pro
Sandman said:
Good Golly something happened to all the nasty posts. :headbang:

Beeman, this sniping at fellow members is not tolerated here as much as it happens on other sites. I think of us as a family with the same interests. Sometimes someone goes off their meds or starts posting before having a cup of coffee and we need to over look some things---------till they go too far or often. An BTW, if I haven't welcomed you yet, consider yourself welcomed. :hello:

Sandman

Ive been involved with other forums and have gotten out over all the sniping, brand bashing ect.
this forum (in my opinion) is the freindliest one out there

Mentalfloss

May 9, 2006
Oahu, Hawaii
[/quote]

Ive been involved with other forums and have gotten out over all the sniping, brand bashing ect.
this forum (in my opinion) is the freindliest one out there
[/quote]

I agree with you I think of the people on here as like a little family

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread