Hey everyone, new at medal detecting out of Oklahoma

ltrapper68

Aug 27, 2011
I'm new to the metal detecting world, and actually still waiting on the delivery of my new Garrett AT Pro. I've also purchased a new Automax V4 pinpointer, which was delivered yesterday I have played with the pinpointer a little and have found that it will only pick up a metal object up to an inch away. I have tried turning up the sensitivity but once it reaches the halfway mark on the dial it constantly buzzes as if its detecting metal. Is that the proper operation for this unit? Thanks -Ltrapper68

cntrydncr1

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Minelab Excal II, ETrac, Infiniuim
sorry I'm not familiar with that unit.. Welcome to Tnet and good luck with your AT pro!

kenley

Nov 2, 2008
Seminole County, Ok.
Detector(s) used
GTI 2500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have two of the pinpointers mentioned. They seem to respond better..the larger. They pick up my digging knife farther than a penny. Remember they are "PIN POINTERS" Actually, I don't think I would want them to be so sensitive that I am chasing around in all directions. On the other hand, one that is directional , only, would be nice.
I switch mine to viberate and then turn the sens. knob anti clockwise until I get a pulse...then back the other way until it nulls. Like the old squelch knob on the radios.
What area are you in? Good hunting. Kenley

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome to treasure Net, Send It back a Get a Garrets Propointer!!!! A little More And you Wont Break it In a Week HH Chug

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
imagesCA9WICES.jpg

Attachments