What's new

Hey guys....my "Sweep Jig" patent application has been approved!!!!!!!

Jim in Idaho

Silver Member
Joined
Jul 21, 2012
Messages
3,445
Reaction score
4,909
Golden Thread
0
Location
Blackfoot, Idaho
Detector(s) used
White's GM2, GM3, DFX, Coinmaster, TDI-SL, GM24K, Deeptech Gold gain, Vista X, and Warrior, also Tesoro Outlaw, Falcon MD20, old Garrett Masterhunter BFO
'Way Too Cool' dual 18 Watt UV light
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
YEEEHAA!!!! i was notified by mail today that my patent application has been approved! I need to send them a check for $250, and my patent will be issued. Only 5% of the patent applications are approved on the first run-through, so I'm really pleased to be in that group. I put 250 hours into the application. I'm really happy all that effort paid off. I may never make any money from the machine, but it's still nice to have a patent.
Jim
 
Congratualtions! :occasion14:
 
Good for you !!!!
 
🙌🙌🙌
 
Thats one heck of an accomplishment, Congratulations! Keep us updated on when and where yer Jig will become available fer buyin'. :icon_thumright:
 
Thats one heck of an accomplishment, Congratulations! Keep us updated on when and where yer Jig will become available fer buyin'. :icon_thumright:

I haven't been pushing them, but have 3 sitting in the shop, ready to go right now. The plan is to show them at the Las Vegas show in February. I'm selling the ones I have for $550 + shipping. These work very well for heavy metals, either wet or dry. They don't come with a water pump or hose. They can be fed water with a scoop if necessary, or with a small 12v pump. They are powered by a 12vDC gearmotor. You can see the prototype running wet here:
And, my aluminum version running dry for pyrites at an old gold/silver mine here:
Jim
 
Congratulations Jim!!!!:hello2:
 
Now jack up the price 10%.

You earned it!

IIRC, an infringer only owes you like 6% +court costs IF you bother to pursue damages. Get you start-up cost recovered ASAP, before the scavengers set in.
 
Thanks, guys! We'll see how it goes on making money from it. It's a pretty nice unit, considering it will replace both a drywasher, and highbanker, and is cheaper than either one. I've sold two. I'll take a few down to Vegas with me this winter, and I'll be interested in seeing how many sell down there.
Ducky, the court can award triple damages in some cases. I decided not to apply for a patent in any foreign countries....few foreign patents ever pay back the initial costs, so not worth the effort. This was about the challenge as much as the money. Just having a parent will be nice, and being in the 5% that went through without a challenge just makes it a bit sweeter.
Jim
 
Congrats Jim. Wish you a lot of success with your invention. That is what keeps this country going, guys like you who think and do.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom