
MalteseFalcon said:A town called "West We Go"?
That is unusual...
![]()
TXTim said:


TXTim said:MalteseFalcon said:A town called "West We Go"?
That is unusual...
![]()
Westwego is on the west bank across the river from N.O.
It's next to Marrero - industrial river towns in Jefferson Parish.
Even though it's known as the west bank, it's physically south of N.O.
If you head upstream a few miles, you'll eventually realize you're on the west side of the river.

MalteseFalcon said:I see. I wondered if it was just a one word name. Now I know.
I have only been in that area once...played a couple of gigs at Houma and some other small town in that region when I was in a rock band.
lejeuene said:MalteseFalcon said:I see. I wondered if it was just a one word name. Now I know.
I have only been in that area once...played a couple of gigs at Houma and some other small town in that region when I was in a rock band.
MF - You have been to Houma? That is my old stomping grounds. Went to school there.
TXTim said:lejeuene said:MalteseFalcon said:I see. I wondered if it was just a one word name. Now I know.
I have only been in that area once...played a couple of gigs at Houma and some other small town in that region when I was in a rock band.
MF - You have been to Houma? That is my old stomping grounds. Went to school there.
Houma!
Isn't that the town named after Marge Simpson's husband?
