Hi All!

Lori

Aug 21, 2008
Hello everyone.
I'm new to posting but not new to here. :icon_sunny:
My BF and I just picked up our first metal detector this past weekend (thanks Tony!) and so far we are loving it! We got an ace 250 which so far seems great and the pin pointing option is awesome. We really haven't gone out too much yet. We hunted in my grand mothers back yard as well in my great grandfathers back yard. Found some odd junky pieces but at least we found something so we were super happy about that. (I still have to take pics of what we found). We haven't found any coins yet. We are also planning on hitting the beach this weekend so hopefully we get some good finds there and getting good practice.

We have been scoping out places to hunt here in CT. We want to try a few playgrounds, but there always seems to be tons of people there when we are looking. We are from New Britain, does anyone have good reccommendations or hints they can give to a new MD'er?

TooManyHobbies

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2007
CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT,
DetectorPro HH Underwater
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Lori, welcome.
Just keep at it, the finds will come. As you get used to the machine, it gets easier. I was coming through Vernon on I-84 yesterday and saw a ballfield that is starting to get grown up with weeds and such. You can see it right off the highway, it will be on your right if you are heading east. Sorry I can't remember exacty what town or exit it is, but it's very visible. Happy Hunting.

OP
OP
L

Lori

Aug 21, 2008
TooManyHobbies said:
Hey Lori, welcome.
Just keep at it, the finds will come. As you get used to the machine, it gets easier. I was coming through Vernon on I-84 yesterday and saw a ballfield that is starting to get grown up with weeds and such. You can see it right off the highway, it will be on your right if you are heading east. Sorry I can't remember exacty what town or exit it is, but it's very visible. Happy Hunting.

Thanks.
Yeah that used to be a sports complex for about 2-3 years. Had 2 sand volleyball nets and I think about 3 or 4 softball fields. From what I over heard, home depot is trying to buy that land. Great place to start getting an idea though.. thanks for the helpful tip :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions