HI- HO Tesoro! Silver! MY FIRST SILVER COIN! A 1916 DIME! + Baggage TAG!!

Marvin Lee

Jun 6, 2011
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Tesoro U-Max / New MineLab Etrac / Garret Pro pointer
Ok here we go! I currently own the Downtown maps of Boise Idaho from 1919.! I saw this place 10 years ago and loved it! So today.............See Photos! My favorite find today was that 1916 Dime. But now, it's the Baggage Tag! "Can anybody date this? A.C.T. &Co?? as for the dime it's marked on the front appears to be a "W" with 'a" underneath it. and on the back of the coin is marked s. I don't care, it's my first silver dime, and a real early one for me!
Love the Tag Marked "WW Wilcox $ Co. Chicago A.C.T. & CO #373. Boise Idaho PACIFIC. On the back is "40' Love this one! The photos will tell the rest of the story! The sidewalks are stamped from 1910 and 1913. Who ever owned this house was well to do! I can tell from the foundations.! Yes Im going Back! After finding gold last week and Silver this week.

I Say! Im not a rookie any more. Tips! Location! Location! Study! :coffee2:

Attachments

• Old1.jpg
    Old1.jpg
    133.5 KB · Views: 872
  • old2.jpg
    old2.jpg
    141.3 KB · Views: 872
  • old3.jpg
    old3.jpg
    151.2 KB · Views: 880
  • old4.jpg
    old4.jpg
    181 KB · Views: 870
  • old5.jpg
    old5.jpg
    137.4 KB · Views: 875
  • old6.jpg
    old6.jpg
    202.6 KB · Views: 879
  • old7.jpg
    old7.jpg
    206.5 KB · Views: 872
Upvote 0
Re: HI- HO Tesoro! Silver! MY FIRST SILVER COIN! A 1916 DIME! + Old DOG TAG??

Nice dime congrats! That baggage tag is a nice one! Worth a few bucks for sure! Congrats! :icon_thumleft:

If that was only a D mint , that one would be worth big bucks , great find

dave in iowa said:
If that was only a D mint , that one would be worth big bucks , great find, if that was a 1916d in that shape i would say and easy 2,000.00 for it the s is worthabout 10 to 15 bucks id say

congrats on some nice finds! :thumbsup:

the aw on the front is the designers initials and is suppose to be there ....... looks like the dime is in great shape!!! and that baggage take is sweet!!!
congrats on some nice finds

Great job on the relics. :thumbsup: That Silver Umax is doing you well.
Great looking baggage tag, and a big congrats on your old silver. :hello2:
-MM-

WTG!!! There's more, there's more!

Congratulations on your first silver coin Marv! :hello2:

That feeling you felt when you found it . . . will come back every time you dig another! :thumbsup:

The luggage tag is in great condition, I hope to find one someday too! :wink:

Dave

that dime is in fantastic condition. congrats! :thumbsup:

That dime is great but the tag is AWESOME! 8) Def not a rookie. :icon_pirat: With finds and tips like those, ferget about it. :wink:
Congrats on all those finds and welcome to Tnet~

Nana :hello:

Very nice finds :hello2:

Naw.....under 3 or 4 years dirt fishing....still a rookie... :laughing7:
This hobby still teaches me a bunch almost every time out.....and I've been doing this over 35 years.
Be teachable.....you've not got to the learning curve yet. :thumbsup:

You need to hit that place hard right after the snow melts in the spring and you will clean house. Very nice digs. :headbang:

Great finds! Regarding the tag:

Alanson C. Thompson was the A.C.T. and his wife, Sidonia Thompson, probably was the "& Co." He was shown in the 1911 through 1912-13 Boise City Directories, but with no occupation given. He lived at 913½ Main Street during that time while his wife was shown as "Furnished Rooms" at that same address. The 1914 and 1915 Boise City Directories show Mrs. Sidonia Thompson as being the proprietor of the Pacific Hotel at 205 N. 9th Street, but Alanson Thompson was not listed. Neither of them were listed in subsequent directories.

My theory, and I will do a bit more research on it, is that this is a luggage tag and Alanson C. Thompson may have operated a dray or taxi service between the train depot and the Pacific Hotel. I don't see any death record in Idaho for either of them, but will keep looking a bit.

John in ID

WTG on the nice finds. :icon_thumleft: Sweet silver but I love the luggage tag. That's a pretty nice spoon, too! :thumbsup:

HH

Really nice tag, I would have had a heart attack seeing a mint mark on a 1916 dime before my eyes focused and I realized it was a "S" and not the super rare "D". LOL, It's in great condition too! HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back