High levels of fecal bacteria detected in the water at several beaches across Texas

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This happens alot now...so many people so close to the water......decaying seaweed and other organic materials are often trapped close to shore with the continuous onshore winds here in south fl. Often times our beaches will be closed periodically. Im sure if they tested more, that more beaches would be closed more often....all of a sudden you can have a slight wind direction change and a high tide cycle and when you wake up in the morning the whole mess will be gone and clean water will move in. Its cyclical here in the summer.

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Getting that way here too Don....just a normal thing now.....ill hit an offshore sand bar today...very clean clear water out there.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a constant situation in south San Diego beach communities: Tijuana River outflow; rarely even commented on it's so common.
Don......

It's mainly in the winter after a good rain, but, can happen any time considering the pitiful state their sewer system is in. Our own storm water runoff contains lots of bacteria. After every rain, they suggest you stay out of the water until 3 days after the rain ends, or, sooner/later depending on what the tests show.

Megalodon

Silver Member
May 13, 2018
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Tesoro Cibola
Tesoro Golden Sabre Plus
Garrett ADS Master Hunter 7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's mainly in the winter after a good rain, but, can happen any time considering the pitiful state their sewer system is in. Our own storm water runoff contains lots of bacteria. After every rain, they suggest you stay out of the water until 3 days after the rain ends, or, sooner/later depending on what the tests show.

Yes, this is common nearly everywhere after a good rain. Our Chesapeake Bay public oyster bars usually close to harvest after most rains due to high fecal coliform levels. Our storms dump far more rain in the mid-Atlantic region than before so this is a frequent occurrence. I hunt fossils along the shoreline and so many trees fall from the top of the cliffs that I need to walk out in the water to get around them. I feel like I need an alcohol bath after exposure to our water.

The county health departments are paid by the state to test swimming beaches monthly and after heavy rains.

Beautiful, lush and thick green lawns are about the only good thing about these new rainforest-like conditions - but they grow so fast, I have to mow every 4 days if its not raining.

ArfieBoy

Silver Member
Aug 11, 2011
N.E. Oregon
Detector(s) used
Compass X-70, Compass X-80, Compass X-90, Compass Judge 2, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well... that's kind of the $hi+s!

Slimpickins

Feb 16, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The MA Shark Research Program headed up by Dr. Greg Skomal spends around $400,000.00 annually to study Great White sharks. Some State Agency should spend a fraction of that testing water samples along the National Seashore,Cape Cod Bay and Pleasant Bay due to all the seals which can weigh up to 800 lbs. pooping in the water. Yuk! Maybe COVID-19 didn't originate in the Wuhan Lab and instead originated from seal poop here on Cape Cod

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread