What's new

High speed hunting?

maine_Jim

Bronze Member
Joined
Aug 13, 2008
Messages
1,415
Reaction score
412
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
Ace 350
Last week I had a couple boxes that were quite skunky....you know the kind - you open it and it just reeks of skunk. I decided I would see how fast I could go through it.

Anyone here ever speed search?

My record for that box was five minutes, next box up was the same - five minutes. Only got one lone 40% that revealed itself by the silver tone it made when I dumped it in my hand.

Maine_Jim
 
Upvote 0
Wow your fast! At normal speed it takes me close to 20 mins. per box including clean up and in the bag for dumping.
 
maine_Jim said:
Last week I had a couple boxes that were quite skunky....you know the kind - you open it and it just reeks of skunk. I decided I would see how fast I could go through it.

Anyone here ever speed search?

My record for that box was five minutes, next box up was the same - five minutes. Only got one lone 40% that revealed itself by the silver tone it made when I dumped it in my hand.

Maine_Jim

:laughing9: I'll be getting those skunky type boxes tomorrow.If I go carefully I never take more than 15 minutes to search a box of halves. My best time was 8 minutes.
HH
Rich
 
I do it with bags that I know are other searchers. Just pour them from one bag to another and if theres silver you can hear it. Takes about 2-3 minutes. A box of rolls in 5 minutes is pretty damn amazing.
 
Wow takes me 20-30 min per box. Could you give some tips? I especially take some time opening rolls I think.
 
Easiest way to get the coins out of the rolls is just to douse the box in gas and light 'er up.

I haven't actually done this yet, but I'd imagine that if I drank and roll-searched, I probably would.
 
Ltrain said:
Easiest way to get the coins out of the rolls is just to douse the box in gas and light 'er up.

I haven't actually done this yet, but I'd imagine that if I drank and roll-searched, I probably would.

LOL!! Now we know the culprit. I was wondering why so many people here find burnt halves.

Kindest regards,
Kantuck
 
One tip is to open the rolls by slamming them onto a solid stationary pipe. Do it with the seal facing the pipe and they open like an egg. Once in a while if you are too hard they explode everywhere but usually they fall into your hand and you can hear any silver as it falls. This works good for a box full of skunk rolls.

Maine_Jim
 
I slice the rolls lengthwise with a heavy duty box cutter and snap them open.
HH
Rich
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom