Hilarious!!!

Just busted a fresh box of Halves. It was a total Skunk.... Of course on the last roll I get one NIFC. LOL that was the ONLY interesting coin in the whole box....... Funny :)

Dawg its the tellers fault I suggest you yell at them and get another box. Thats what I would do

Em, you have the best posts

Thanks brodawg. Your posts are pretty tight too.

Yea, all 10 of them...LMAO.

DUDE, the comedy continues.....I busted another box and was skunked again but this time It was LOADED with NIFC - 34 of them! That's the best Ive had yet! Lol, NIFC , there like the poor mans wheats for half dollars...

NIFCs are a clever ploy by Dunbar and associates to keep the bank ordering half boxes at $25 a pop

I've heard the amount before from others on this forum. My bet would be, depending on the bank, they pay from $5 to $25. They definitely pay something to order them, just like they do to ship them out by the bag. You can believe that

I've heard the amount before from others on this forum. My bet would be, depending on the bank, they pay from $5 to $25. They definitely pay something to order them, just like they do to ship them out by the bag. You can believe that
So when Tim zim orders his 50 boxs a week his bank is paying between 200-1000 ? I don't,think so. The bank pays a flat fee for a weekly or bi weekly delivery. As long as your order keeps them under there agreed total it's not,costing them anything.

So when Tim zim orders his 50 boxs a week his bank is paying between 200-1000 ? I don't,think so. The bank pays a flat fee for a weekly or bi weekly delivery. As long as your order keeps them under there agreed total it's not,costing them anything.

This.....

Remember though, TimZim is not ordering all his fifty boxes from one bank. Still, ok even if he had a ten box order, that's $250. You're right, that would probably be unreasonable. I'm afraid to ask my banks because I don't want to remind them Im costing them money

This isn't true. It depends on the contract they have with courier service. It will vary even on different branches. For example, BoA near me has a corporate negotiated contract, but the level of service is different for each branch. 4 branches in my town of BoA - 1 has maximum level specified (they go over, they pay per box); Another has no coin service and must pay per box; The other two have unlimited. These two are serviced daily.

The one that has no coin service, pays both ways. They will not order coin, and do not ship coin out. I've actually kept them stockpiled on dimes by dumping the plastic wrapped dimes from other locations at their branch. They thank me as I save them money. If they receive a large volume of coin, they transfer it to the main branch that has unlimited coin service. They are about 5 miles apart from each other.

the armor car companys has standard amount / order flat rate fee -- for up to a certain amount / wieght of coins * after you hit the $ amount / weight amount -- then I would think you would pay a "excess surcharge"

This isn't true. It depends on the contract they have with courier service. It will vary even on different branches. For example, BoA near me has a corporate negotiated contract, but the level of service is different for each branch. 4 branches in my town of BoA - 1 has maximum level specified (they go over, they pay per box); Another has no coin service and must pay per box; The other two have unlimited. These two are serviced daily.

The one that has no coin service, pays both ways. They will not order coin, and do not ship coin out. I've actually kept them stockpiled on dimes by dumping the plastic wrapped dimes from other locations at their branch. They thank me as I save them money. If they receive a large volume of coin, they transfer it to the main branch that has unlimited coin service. They are about 5 miles apart from each other.

This is 100% correct.

Thanks Diver Down, honestly I wasn't really sure how it worked but that makes complete sense. There was a post awhile back that someone had mentioned a teller told them it costs $25 per box of halves, which sounds like it could have been true if it was a bank with no standard coin service, but I made the inaccurate assumption that was standard. Of course, the teller also could have just made that up (seems like we catch them in some fibs from time to time, whether intentional or not).

I gotta find myself a bank large enough that it gets serviced daily and can get unlimited coin. Honestly though thanks, this is why I go on this forum to learn more about how the whole process works so I can tailor my CRH activities

Just busted a fresh box of Halves. It was a total Skunk.... Of course on the last roll I get one NIFC. LOL that was the ONLY interesting coin in the whole box....... Funny :)

LOL! Similar to some CWRs I picked up this afternoon. $200 worth and no silver, but I did have a nice 1987-D NIFC to keep it from being a total skunk. They aren't really worth more than face value, but it does make you feel better when you don't find silver.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back