What's new

HISTORY REPEATS: I Predict Gas Prices to hit 4 year low in October and November 2012

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Joined
Sep 13, 2011
Messages
5,588
Reaction score
6,409
Golden Thread
0
Location
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
We could all use a little break at the gas pumps, but don't worry. Temporary relief is coming in October/November of this year. I could not find the charts going back to 1970, but here are the last 8 years. Makes no difference who is in power, gas prices HISTORICALLY DIP during the last month leading up to and including the Presidential election month (October/November).

historic_gas.webp

If you look at crude oil over the same periods -- with the exception of 2008 when some folks were threatening to "drill baby drill" --- prices seem to change with the election cycle. If the pattern holds true, we should see the lowest gas prices in 4 years beginning in October and holding until near the end of December.
 
Hay, we agree on this one. I have predicted it in several post. I even mentioned that it might hit in the 60's barrel price. What most people don't realise is that we now get the majority of our oil from the USA, Canada, and Mexico. It looks like the Arab world is waking up. You can't eat oil. Frankhand print-2_edited-3.webp
 
Last edited:
The thing is gas prices are usually higher in sommer to make the extra buck on tourest. This morning, It is in the 70's, barrel price, maybe my prediction of it getting to the 60's will actually happen. At that point the economy will actually start to recover with prices LOWERING.hand print-2_edited-3.webp
 
WELL, I found it. Here's the reason the price of gas is falling American gasoline consumption from Feb.'05 to Feb.'12 has dropped 49%. This also means that most of our oil comes from USA, Canada & Mexico.hand print-2_edited-3.webp
 
and an all time record high in the winter to make up for it
 
why wait for winter, prices are already rising on a weekly basis here in NJ :laughing9:
 
Every presidential election the incumbent gets on the hot phone and says: "Hey turban top, hows bout a big cut in gas for October/November?" ............ "Okay, so here's the deal....you drop prices for those months and I'll see that....."

Don't ya just love how government really works? :hello2:
 
Turban top!! I thought it was towelheads!!
 
Are Turban tops the same as Towelheads?hand print-2_edited-3.webp
 
Gas may drop,but,wait till you see what you pay for a loaf of bread and a pound of hamburger!!!!!!!!! God Bless Chris
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom