jewelerdave
Hero Member
- Joined
- Aug 29, 2007
- Messages
- 850
- Reaction score
- 98
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- Fort Collins, Colorado
- Detector(s) used
- I just follow my nose!...where the silver and gold goes!
Minelab 5000, Goldmaster, and a few others
XRF spectrometer, Common sense.
- Primary Interest:
- Prospecting
Well after a bad week last week I decided i was going to make this one a good one!
however this involves driving, I did over 230 miles today, But I am glad I only had to use 4.3 gallons of gas to do it! Gotta love hybrids.
Went back to the bank I got solid rolls of 40s from the week before because I could only buy $300 worth as my funds ran short and it was the end of the day.
Well they had another $1030 more, Ill take em!
They pulled out a cart and I noticed that some were obviouse dumps, This particular branch seems to get a lot of hand rolls for some reason and they are always dry in the newer wraps most often.
However thats the danger of using one bank for a dump...other customers bring in halves too!
The variety of different colors and wrappers on the rolls was nice to see, I like variety.
Some of them were re raped fed rolls. some had account numebrs, and a couple were the color I wanted to see. I did miss out on some as I scored another half roll of 40s with BU 71s and such as well, nothing newer than 72
Got a 64 and a couple other 40s and moved on for my road trip.
Next town didnt have squat, next had $5, skunk, next had $30, Skunk, next had $2 nothing. and I finaly got to a bigger small town with a few banks, Most had nothing, or a dollar or one, One gave me $50 in rolls and that turned up 3 40s everything else was kinda dismal...then I went to another and they were very nice, said they had $875 in there bag they would sell.
Sure! I got em and every hand full out of the bag had a silver coin in it! mostly 40s and one 90, probably about 50 or 60 40s, didnt count!
Headed back as I was about out of cash and tryed some other towns...too small to even have banks. Damn, you know your in the sticks when your GPS phone says no banks for more than 30 miles!
Kept going and hit one small bank in a little town,
I got $300 worth and a couple rolls produced 40s but one produced like 7 and a 64 Sweet!
Got to a bigger town, cashed out, and hit another bank that I knew had a brinks box.
now according to some people Brinks rolls are bad or are just dumps...dont know why as I always do well with them.
A good box, 2 40s and 7 64s! and a 63 ben.
One bank I hit up also had 38 ikes.
Funny thing about the town with the bag I got, most of the 40s in there were circulated and worn from pocket wear! I mean most of them are pretty new and just have dings from coin machines and never really got used. They were horded, But it seems in this town they were using them as money! Isnt that weird?
So todays totals for the start of the week.
38 Clad Ikes
1 Ben
10 64 Kens
96 40% kens
1 gold plated.
best of all I hit two goals today. One was to get over 100 64 kens, Did it.
The other to top 1000 40s and I did it!!!
however this involves driving, I did over 230 miles today, But I am glad I only had to use 4.3 gallons of gas to do it! Gotta love hybrids.
Went back to the bank I got solid rolls of 40s from the week before because I could only buy $300 worth as my funds ran short and it was the end of the day.
Well they had another $1030 more, Ill take em!
They pulled out a cart and I noticed that some were obviouse dumps, This particular branch seems to get a lot of hand rolls for some reason and they are always dry in the newer wraps most often.
However thats the danger of using one bank for a dump...other customers bring in halves too!
The variety of different colors and wrappers on the rolls was nice to see, I like variety.
Some of them were re raped fed rolls. some had account numebrs, and a couple were the color I wanted to see. I did miss out on some as I scored another half roll of 40s with BU 71s and such as well, nothing newer than 72
Got a 64 and a couple other 40s and moved on for my road trip.
Next town didnt have squat, next had $5, skunk, next had $30, Skunk, next had $2 nothing. and I finaly got to a bigger small town with a few banks, Most had nothing, or a dollar or one, One gave me $50 in rolls and that turned up 3 40s everything else was kinda dismal...then I went to another and they were very nice, said they had $875 in there bag they would sell.
Sure! I got em and every hand full out of the bag had a silver coin in it! mostly 40s and one 90, probably about 50 or 60 40s, didnt count!
Headed back as I was about out of cash and tryed some other towns...too small to even have banks. Damn, you know your in the sticks when your GPS phone says no banks for more than 30 miles!
Kept going and hit one small bank in a little town,
I got $300 worth and a couple rolls produced 40s but one produced like 7 and a 64 Sweet!
Got to a bigger town, cashed out, and hit another bank that I knew had a brinks box.
now according to some people Brinks rolls are bad or are just dumps...dont know why as I always do well with them.
A good box, 2 40s and 7 64s! and a 63 ben.
One bank I hit up also had 38 ikes.
Funny thing about the town with the bag I got, most of the 40s in there were circulated and worn from pocket wear! I mean most of them are pretty new and just have dings from coin machines and never really got used. They were horded, But it seems in this town they were using them as money! Isnt that weird?
So todays totals for the start of the week.
38 Clad Ikes
1 Ben
10 64 Kens
96 40% kens
1 gold plated.
best of all I hit two goals today. One was to get over 100 64 kens, Did it.
The other to top 1000 40s and I did it!!!
edHt 2007 CRH Total: 11 26 07
War Nickels – 6
Buffalo Nicks - 1
V Nickel 1 (1899)
proof Nickel - 1
Sil Dimes - 25
Sil Wash Qtrs - 0
90% Kennedy - 108
40% Kennedy - 1007
Franklins - 64
Walkers - 16
Barber – 2 (1904, 1910s)
Comm. Sil Halves – 1 1992 columbus
Prf Halves – 37
of witch are Silver Proofs 12
Ikes - 83
War Nickels – 6
Buffalo Nicks - 1
V Nickel 1 (1899)
proof Nickel - 1
Sil Dimes - 25
Sil Wash Qtrs - 0
90% Kennedy - 108
40% Kennedy - 1007
Franklins - 64
Walkers - 16
Barber – 2 (1904, 1910s)
Comm. Sil Halves – 1 1992 columbus
Prf Halves – 37
of witch are Silver Proofs 12
Ikes - 83
Upvote
0
Guess I won't be going on a road trip anytime soon
Can ya tell me what direction ya went? 






