What's new

Hitting the Coil, but what should I do about this??

I put on a white helmet and an Orange Vest and say “Please evacuate the area, I am with the Gas Company.”

Actually that safety orange vest really works. People just assume you're working tryong to locate pipes or something and they don't bother to ask.
 
People are always trying to get noticed. If I see a hot chick or some dude in a flashy car, I pretend they don't even exist. I mean not even look at all. Before you know it, they are both looking at me thinking....."Please notice my good looks" or "please notice my shiny piece of metal that's a waste of money."
It's the same with the pestilence we face detecting. Don't even give them the time of day. Completely ignore them and soon they'll feel like a fool because their pettiness has no effect.
Flip them the bird and they'll feel satisfied that they got under your skin.
I know, it's tough being a tourist attraction. But most people are simpletons and can't resist staring or opening their mouths.
You could loosen up your pants and dig every signal with your back facing traffic, as to give them something to stare at.
Then they'll know what they can kiss.....
Yes, I've been drinking. :occasion14:
Cheers,
Dave.
 
Kid, you can do a couple of things. First, you can moon them. At 6'3" 275, it would be a full moon. But cops tend to frown on this. So go find some decent lookin chick, stick her in a great outfit(I prefer the little, short schoolgirl skirt) and let them yell all they want. Won't be anybody noticing you at all. And the closer to 5' the chick is, the more you will disappear...
 
Along with the vest and Hard Hat,you could tape a plastic bottle that looks like a can of spray paint near the bottom of your detector.
 
I'm doing a sidewalk ---> Curb tear out along boulevards for about 5 blocks. It's on the main street of town. Constantly having to put up with people yelling stupid things from there window (mainly highschoolers). Any advice besides the flip them off technique?

Do not let the hecklers get you in a lather. Don't flip anyone off, nobody cares about your feelings really. Its all about the heckler's feelings and if you dont feed his feelings, you win. This is just another reason to wear headphones. And another reason to hit your favorite tear-out at beddy boo time.
 
Every hunting spot has its own time, but early morning is usually the best, if a park or otherwise, in the city. At the beach, most of the time people dont care, but still always good to hit on the off hours. I just ignore everyone, and anyway, I probably wouldnt notice if someone said something. Even with the good looking girls, when they start watching, I usually go the other way, I just dont want to have to explain that im not clam digging. If you want attention, go to the mall and detect, otherwise, try to keep a low profile. Havent tried the hard hat and orange vest yet, but im sure its a good plan, maybe even add some sort of badge!
 
Tell 'em you work for an oil company checking for mineralization and looking for new places to drill and that you're taking cash investments for shares in the company..
 
Did nobody say to ignore them? No? I suggest to give no response. Anything that set them off may get them coming back past slinging a beer bottle at ya.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom