What's new

hiway 25 south white sands missle range sign

motell6

Jr. Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2010
Messages
94
Reaction score
6
Golden Thread
0
very rural desert area, rest stops are just carved outs with trash cans only, saw quite a few animal skelotins, also noticed 1 sign that read camino del real trail and passed over a dry part of the real grand river,noticed quite a few tumbled down ruins. Some great areas for detecting as their is not much traffic. Be sure you got gas and survival provisions if you go through this area, another turnoff this hiway has is to Vaghn,and the Valley of Fire. Empty structure is at the white sands missle turnoff.
 

Attachments

  • 007.webp
    007.webp
    198.3 KB · Views: 1,047
  • 003.webp
    003.webp
    139.7 KB · Views: 999
Any metal detecting on the WSMR is a federal violation and will land you in jail.
 
Will try another photo of sign.
 

Attachments

  • 006.webp
    006.webp
    182.3 KB · Views: 1,210
I dont plan on going on federal property, plenty of other interesting spots to explore. I believe that I found a possible Spanish camp site close to the real grand river. I believe the Indians were probably the guardians and depositors of Victoria Peak. Its remotely possible the VP cave system runs underground to the Valley of Fire,which is a completely volcanic terrain , my crazy opinons only.
 
Wow. Nice find. It sure sounds like you are on the Military Reservation though and not I25 south. Just know that between the Nature Preserves, Nasa, and WSMR, you need to be clear on where your at.

I look forward to your next post.
 
I though that the base was fence in.
 
Look out for the mean nasty guard dogs, they bite.
 
and he was never heard from again..................
 
The green building in the original post is not on I-25/ It is on US 380 between Carrizozo and San Antonio and was a tourist trap type store. Behind it approx. 100 yards is an old stone house which belonged to the owners of the store. Neither are on government property. Feel free to detect either one (though I already have. :-) )
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom