What's new

Holding underwater scooter in place?

makahaman

Sr. Member
Joined
Sep 22, 2006
Messages
262
Reaction score
64
Golden Thread
0
Location
Northshore, Hawaiian Islands
I’m posting this on this forum because I know a lot of divers use the underwater scooters to move sand to find treasure! I use mine too but I’m a smaller scale to look for lost jewelry in shallow water detecting. Any suggestions for holding a strong powerful scooter underwater with scuba/hookah without being flown around? 🤣 I was thinking maybe a less powerful one or anchoring it down with something? Any suggestions is much appreciated! Oh, any particular scooter works the best?? Thank a for responding!!
 
I may have spent the last few years using a dpv for moving bottom....(cough cough).
really...only 2 choices...if i'm on a wreck, I have a slip line I can tie off into structure...than adjust scooter as needed.
Other option is to OVERWEIGHT yourself and the scooter...be VERY VERY careful about overweighting yourself as a diver. I have over 10 pds strapped to my Blacktip using a tank cam band... still only able to blow at 3 on speed.... would need to add another 25 pds to be able to run wide open. TOOO MUCH....

Blacktip has been great for me...going on year 5 with it, over 200 dives a year, all well past 100' . Have nothing bad to say about it. Great piece of equipment.
 
I may have spent the last few years using a dpv for moving bottom....(cough cough).
really...only 2 choices...if i'm on a wreck, I have a slip line I can tie off into structure...than adjust scooter as needed.
Other option is to OVERWEIGHT yourself and the scooter...be VERY VERY careful about overweighting yourself as a diver. I have over 10 pds strapped to my Blacktip using a tank cam band... still only able to blow at 3 on speed.... would need to add another 25 pds to be able to run wide open. TOOO MUCH....

Blacktip has been great for me...going on year 5 with it, over 200 dives a year, all well past 100' . Have nothing bad to say about it. Great piece of equipment.
Thanks for the reply!!
 
They do make smaller units that fit on your arm you can turn it around , I saw a video from Australia , I made one also but I live in the Desert ! there is no where to test ? here's what I made -
cb 003.webp
mini drywasher 2 003.webp
mini drywasher 2 005.webp
gb4.webp
 
Kracer how do you waterproof the electronics?
 
Salvor6 , This is a lithium batt. will ignite if gets wet , I had to find a waterproof electrical box for outside use & to help with the seal added some grease , Waterproof starter switch for on & off .
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom