Holiday day 4 xx 😎

blossom

Silver Member
Apr 18, 2022
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Awoke to another beautiful sunny day! So we headed off to the fields between the river and castle! The ground has now set hard, so ankle breaking and potentially knee dislocation a constant… but undaunted we struggled on 😆 xx

First off we have this thing.. am sure it’s not old, but it’s quite splendid! Then a lovely spindle whorl, lots of musket balls, a thimble, couple of buckles, one of those rings, and a piece of plate/cup, again we find lots of these bits, but am unsure what they actually are 🤔 I like to image medieval goblet… but maybe not! 😆 assorted bits, buttons, one is a livery, but can’t for the life of me work out the design 🫤 … then both found by Himself, a stunning Henry 7th 1507 (we think) and an Elizabeth Sixpence 1569 ! xx

Pic of the castle because it’s the reason we find such amazing things and an old Fence post that’s sits against a solitary oak tree that’s been left in the middle of the field. Back in the day all these fields were part of the hunting park that once surrounded the castle. xx

IMG_8630.jpeg
IMG_8631.jpeg
IMG_8632.jpeg
IMG_8633.jpeg
IMG_8634.jpeg
IMG_8635.jpeg
IMG_8636.jpeg
IMG_8637.jpeg
IMG_8638.jpeg
IMG_8639.jpeg
IMG_8640.jpeg
IMG_8641.jpeg
IMG_8627.jpeg
IMG_8626.jpeg

Upvote 33

robertk

Bronze Member
May 16, 2023
Missouri
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
White's Spectra v3i
Garrett Ultra GTA 1000
Whites Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wonderful finds, and a monument of an old Oak...too bad it can't tell the stories of what it has seen in it's life.
Indeed. But even as old as that tree is, it wasn't even there at all yet back when those coins were dropped.

OP
OP
blossom

blossom

Silver Member
Apr 18, 2022
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Brilliant framing of the Castle in the oak branches.

Couple keeper coins. ( Oh thier age....!)
Congrats!

But pences's? Here we go again!

the struggle was real RC .. mooching about under the tree looked up.. saw ‘the pic’….. then had to wait for the wind to stop messing about with the branches again 😂😂 xx

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awoke to another beautiful sunny day! So we headed off to the fields between the river and castle! The ground has now set hard, so ankle breaking and potentially knee dislocation a constant… but undaunted we struggled on 😆 xx

First off we have this thing.. am sure it’s not old, but it’s quite splendid! Then a lovely spindle whorl, lots of musket balls, a thimble, couple of buckles, one of those rings, and a piece of plate/cup, again we find lots of these bits, but am unsure what they actually are 🤔 I like to image medieval goblet… but maybe not! 😆 assorted bits, buttons, one is a livery, but can’t for the life of me work out the design 🫤 … then both found by Himself, a stunning Henry 7th 1507 (we think) and an Elizabeth Sixpence 1569 ! xx

Pic of the castle because it’s the reason we find such amazing things and an old Fence post that’s sits against a solitary oak tree that’s been left in the middle of the field. Back in the day all these fields were part of the hunting park that once surrounded the castle. xx

View attachment 2100814 View attachment 2100815 View attachment 2100816 View attachment 2100817 View attachment 2100818 View attachment 2100819 View attachment 2100820 View attachment 2100821 View attachment 2100822 View attachment 2100823 View attachment 2100824 View attachment 2100825 View attachment 2100826 View attachment 2100827
Outstanding!!! Congrats!!!

ArfieBoy

Silver Member
Aug 11, 2011
N.E. Oregon
Detector(s) used
Compass X-70, Compass X-80, Compass X-90, Compass Judge 2, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds! The silver coin is a winner. Also, the thimble in this report is in much better shape than the thimble you showed us last time. :laughing7: Great shot of the castle, too! Thanks for keeping us in the loop!

Coinstar magnet

Silver Member
Apr 5, 2020
Beverly Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Tesoro compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

View attachment 2100814 View attachment 2100815 View attachment 2100816 View attachment 2100817 View attachment 2100818 View attachment 2100819 View attachment 2100820 View attachment 2100821 View attachment 2100822 View attachment 2100823 View attachment 2100824 View attachment 2100825 View attachment 2100826 View attachment 2100827
I would love to use the buckle, 5th picture down, as a door knocker....though it might be on the smallish side....the detail on the hammered is really nice....

Big congratulations to himself!....I imagine he was quite pleased...👍😊

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Ms. Blossom, could you post some additional images of "that thing" in image number one? Maybe along side something to use for size reference?

When I look at image 1, it reminds me of a homespun plow point. Is it copper or iron?

Every time I look at the pics of where you and Himself go dirt fishing I get a huge rush of that most evil of emotions.....jealousy. To spend a nice day out in one of those fields so loaded with history . WOW....
drool.gif

Brain says I should fly over there and fulfill my dream, but my body quickly chimed in with a reminder of my age and condition..nope, not gonna happen. But, I can still dream about it, and live it vicariously through your posts.
respect-062.gif

OP
OP
blossom

blossom

Silver Member
Apr 18, 2022
UK
🥇 Banner finds
I would love to use the buckle, 5th picture down, as a door knocker....though it might be on the smallish side....the detail on the hammered is really nice....

Big congratulations to himself!....I imagine he was quite pleased...👍😊
ha! He was what can only be described as “unbearably smug” 😬. xx

OP
OP
blossom

blossom

Silver Member
Apr 18, 2022
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Ms. Blossom, could you post some additional images of "that thing" in image number one? Maybe along side something to use for size reference?

When I look at image 1, it reminds me of a homespun plow point. Is it copper or iron?

Every time I look at the pics of where you and Himself go dirt fishing I get a huge rush of that most evil of emotions.....jealousy. To spend a nice day out in one of those fields so loaded with history . WOW.... View attachment 2100902

Brain says I should fly over there and fulfill my dream, but my body quickly chimed in with a reminder of my age and condition..nope, not gonna happen. But, I can still dream about it, and live it vicariously through your posts. View attachment 2100903
Ahh bless you! will post more detail on the ”the thingy” when we get back tonight. xx just heading out to the Dirk field… personally I don’t think we will find much… but himself’s day to choose…. so guess I must do as he bids… 🫤😂😂 xx

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread