What's new

Holy CRAP!!!!! I got my HOLY GRAIL.......

biggmike

Hero Member
Joined
May 27, 2010
Messages
751
Reaction score
724
Golden Thread
2
Location
Florida
🥇 Banner finds
2
Detector(s) used
CZ7A Pro / CZ21 / F75 LTD
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went to a local beach yesterday with Lookindown and found the Holy Grail.... Well my Holy Grail anyways :wink: About 5 hours in and many coins and an earing later, I heard a really deep tone that sounded good but after the 3rd or 4th scoop I figured maybe another bottom of a can or such but it pinpointed very tight still so I kept at it. When I scooped and there was no sound in the hole I checked the scoop and didn't know what I had. I thought "Please be white gold or at least silver" I looked at the inside of the ring and saw 950 and thought "no way" I eased it around and saw those beautiful four letters... PLAT :wav:

001.webp

002.webp

006.webp

This is only my second Platinum ring and it made my day, my week, hell it made my YEAR ;D Lookindown has this uncanny ability to tell what something weighs and I guessed about 9.1 grams and he guessed 11.2. I guess you can tell who was right yet again. We ended up getting a couple Tungsten rings

005.webp

009.webp


These things are heavy. I wish they were worth something :'( We also got a 15 gram .925 necklace along with a silver earring and a junk bracelet. We picked up about 60-70 coins along the way. Can't wait to get back on Saturday.... I will let you know how it goes. :icon_pirat:
 
Upvote 0
Re: Holy CRAP!!!!! I got the HOLY GRAIL.......

Alright Mike! WTG buddy! I now no how thrilling that is to look on the inside and see plat. What a great feeling! I am usually within a gram of the weight myself. Wish those tungsten were worth as much as gold. (lol) Looks and sounds like y'all had a great hunt! :thumbsup:
 
My, oh My, oh My!!! :o

Beautiful Plat ring find! :headbang:

Keep up the great detecting! :hello2:

Lorraine
 

Attachments

  • BIG KTTY PHOTO.webp
    BIG KTTY PHOTO.webp
    22.5 KB · Views: 2,211
Congratulations biggmike on the Plat ring...those are
few and far between finds. Now you are gonna
have to wait for Plat melt prices to get back where
they were several weeks ago. The tungston rings
look nice, but that's about all. GL and HH when you
get back to that site. Gold Nuggets :hello:
 
WoW!!! :notworthy: Nice fat Plat! :headbang: Congratulations Mike! :hello2:
 
Great hunt Biggmike!!!! Congrats on the Plat!!!!
 
maybee some day i'll run into you guys out their i plan on hittin gulf on sunday, i wanna go where ya havent been though since you guys found everything @ that beach allready, great job !!!! awesome ring :icon_thumleft:
 
Helluva find :icon_thumleft:

Unbelievable!

Aaron
 
Oh, What a Feeling!! Better than Toyota!! WTG
 
what is next on the wish list? congrats.
 
congrats on knocking another find off the bucket list, Ive got my share of gold this year but still waiting for that shiny platinum to find my scoop, sweeeet!!!!! :hello2:
 
Great find, not to many people finding them right now except in Japan. Just curious i see that large F and the symbol. Do you have any idea what it is? Ive got that same F and symbol on a 10 k i found the other. Is it possibly the country of origin?

Dew
 
dewcon4414 said:
Just curious i see that large F and the symbol. Do you have any idea what it is? Ive got that same F and symbol on a 10 k i found the other. Is it possibly the country of origin?

Dew

Thanks Dew I'm heading back in the morning. :icon_pirat:

The G in the FG is kind of angular, it is the Trademark for Fredrick Goldman. The maker of the ring.
 
I see that FG makersmark on rings more than any other trademark.
 
Great job!!!!!! LOVE those fatty Pt rings :hello2:
 
Thanks for the Info on the FG. I did a lot of head scratching since i was certain the 10K i found recently wasnt filled. Hope you pop out another off your wish list today. Ill hit it tomorrow somewhere.

Dew
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom