Home Chef (a review of their home delivered groceries)

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Just received my 3rd delivery. Walked it in to Mom and she said "EWWWW! and not to buy it again....

Thing is I didn't order the second or this third delivery. Guess I'll have to call and cancel. Otherwise, we will keep stocking up things she won't eat. Nothing really wrong - it's all good. But, Mom doesn't like it, and what I've eaten thus far isn't all that bad....

It's about $50 per box, and inside the box there's "cold like ice" bags to keep it from spoiling.

I do not advise anyone to get involved with that - it just seemed like a good idea at the time.

However, it's food we're stocking up. I opened this box and there's greens in there - onions I saw and others.

Not experienced with it enough to verify, but it's reputed to be a week's supply in each box. Mom handles the kitchen and I was just pitching in. After all, she's 94, we're in the COVID thing, I have a car and a truck and they are both "broke down"........ My neighbor lady has been taking Mom to town for groceries.

Now, if they just included a 12-pack :(

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last edited:
OP
OP
DeepseekerADS

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Cool But (you mentioned "food we're stocking up"). IF its packed in dry ice its not meant to be for long term storage.
For 'long term storage' you need something thats not food -to start with :)

Thing is, I only made 1 (one) purchase ~ and it seems they've jumped on me like I'm a sucker or something.

I really do not appreciate that at all.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread