- #1
Thread Owner
home made sluice for fine "flour" gold
After alot of perserverance searching for any color what-so-ever I finally found a place that showed a few very small faint gold color that was too stubborn to be washed away with the black sand in my pan!!!! Anyway I kept searching around this same area hoping to find something a little bigger than these barely visible pieces, to no avail so far.. I need to set-up a sluice so I can run more material than just panning. I have some plans I drew up to make a "A52 copy" out of aluminum, I have a bending brake, TIG welder, and lots of fab experience so building is not a issue. I have not hit any bedrock or false bedrock yet, I only spent about 3 hours in this spot and the water is murky so I have spent most of my time moving rocks I cant see and trying to get as deep as possible. The color I have found so far seems to actually be in some real dense clay and not down on the bedrock.
I am just curious how well the keene A52 works with this flour gold? Is there any modifications or changes I should incorporate before I start the build?
The material that we will be running will have some real thick sticky poo like clay.
Any tips and opinion are welcome "or if anyone has a A52 that could send some measurements my way
"
Thanks alot everyone, Scott
After alot of perserverance searching for any color what-so-ever I finally found a place that showed a few very small faint gold color that was too stubborn to be washed away with the black sand in my pan!!!! Anyway I kept searching around this same area hoping to find something a little bigger than these barely visible pieces, to no avail so far.. I need to set-up a sluice so I can run more material than just panning. I have some plans I drew up to make a "A52 copy" out of aluminum, I have a bending brake, TIG welder, and lots of fab experience so building is not a issue. I have not hit any bedrock or false bedrock yet, I only spent about 3 hours in this spot and the water is murky so I have spent most of my time moving rocks I cant see and trying to get as deep as possible. The color I have found so far seems to actually be in some real dense clay and not down on the bedrock.
I am just curious how well the keene A52 works with this flour gold? Is there any modifications or changes I should incorporate before I start the build?
The material that we will be running will have some real thick sticky poo like clay.
Any tips and opinion are welcome "or if anyone has a A52 that could send some measurements my way
"Thanks alot everyone, Scott
) when i used MM, sometimes it was so heavy after running ,it was a pain to get out of the dredge (mine was 1 peice 48 inchs long x 3/4 inch thick MM) and i have a over/under dredge. this year il be up in Wyomings Medicine Bow mountains for a few weeks trying it out. the weather hasnt been good enough this year yet to try it out.(rain,floods,more rain,more floods,high fuel prices)








