homemade BIG highbanker video

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice..thats a lot of agua for such small feed though. Is there something happening in the big box under the feed area..a sump of some sort?

OP
OP
F

Finn

Nov 17, 2015
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hi guys

I don,t like the big box anymore either, it's awkward and heavy. There is no sump or stuff in it. I made it that way in a first place for to have room to adjust angles of the grizzly and wash board independently. I found out in that test that higher angles of the bottom plate, or wash board, anyway that plate on which one is shoveling the gravel to, are not useful or even necessary.

Another reason for the box being so high is that in addition to adjustment space, i needed 6" for the connection in the back. From that 4" pipe which is there i introduce additional water which is necessary for to get 40 GPM per width inch for angle iron riffles and 20 GPM for expanded. That amount is too much for just spray nozzles. Flow rates are from Clarkson's riffle study, same rates which Heckler Fabrication Large Highbanker wash plant, 2-Stage, Commercial grade Heckler Fab. uses in their commercial highbankers.

Instead of additional water, i can connect another shoveling box (or a dredge) which would be situated somewhere on higher ground, and run the material to this "main box" via 4" pipe or a flume by gravity and water. My 3" semi-thrash Honda would be just enough for two boxes.

I am in a country where manpower is quite cheap and machines rather expensive, so having 6 guys shoveling (and a mule :icon_thumleft:) is not impossible on a decent ground down here.

My accent is probably Finnish, i speak several languages and sometimes they get mixed in my head so i'am not quite sure, but probably a Finnish accent.

Thanks for asking guys, many times it helps for to see details that one has become blind too during the process.

Salud

Finn

Last edited:

njcommercialdiver

Feb 26, 2005
Eastern PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro,
MX500 Proton Mag
fisher gold bug, whites PI, Garrett gold scorpion
Primary Interest:
Prospecting