What's new

HONEY HOLE GETS ITS FIRST GRID

against the wind

Platinum Member
Joined
Jul 27, 2015
Messages
24,896
Reaction score
24,983
Golden Thread
0
Location
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HONEY HOLE GETS IT'S FIRST GRID

Over the past four hunts I have visited a spot that has produced 10 silver coins. My general approach to a new site is to swing the coil until I find a spot that produces a little more than the adjacent areas. Yesterday I decided on a spot that has been the most productive during the first 3 hunts. I started to work an approximate area that is equal to a 100 x 100 foot section. Working it from north to south and then east to west, the grid application paid off. I managed to squeeze out 2 more Mercury Dimes and a 925 silver signet ring. The initials on the ring are VK. I'll give this grid another shot on the next hunt but there is still a spot across from another school that is calling my name. Honey Holes are far and few in between but when I do find one, I usually hunt it to death.
The Buffalo Nickel looks like a 1927, but is too toasted to really make out a definite date. The ring in the picture with the Buffalo is just a Gaudy piece of costume jewelry. (What Costume would you wear with that??). The penny is a 1944 wheat.
IMG_3502.webpIMG_3501.webpIMG_3500.webpIMG_3499.webpIMG_3498.webp
 
Last edited:
Upvote 40
Always nice bringing home the silver.
 
Congratulations on a great hunt.
 
Great spot and hunt, congrats.
 
Thats the way to get it done! Congrats!
 
It's amazing what you find when you grid in another direction or after a winter.. Good job
 
You have the right approach ATW. You scout out many sites and then return to grid the most productive one that holds the silvers. Looks like it is paying off. :icon_thumright:
 
Nice hunt and way to be persistent
 
Nice silver finds! Congrats!
 
Looking good. Some nice finds. Congrats.
 
Great hunt right there!!!
 
Hello "Against the Wind,"

Way to go! Congratualtions on the nice finds!

As an aside, using a grid pattern North/South and East/West will increase the yield, but don't forget to X the area. By doing this; I bet you will find more keepers.

I use this method with all of my historical artifact recovery properties. My clients find it funny while I'm working an area, but the results speak volumes.

Good Luck with your hunting!

Doc
 
Hello "Against the Wind,"

Way to go! Congratualtions on the nice finds!

As an aside, using a grid pattern North/South and East/West will increase the yield, but don't forget to X the area. By doing this; I bet you will find more keepers.

I use this method with all of my historical artifact recovery properties. My clients find it funny while I'm working an area, but the results speak volumes.

Good Luck with your hunting!

Doc
Are you talking about a diagonal corner to corner search??
I can try that. (They say, , "Don't knock it til you've tried it
 
napoleon lucky.webp

Old Sub has yet to find a signet ring...but I am very stoked that you found one ATW! It is a beauty. Sub 8-)
 
Nice job like that ring...
 
Well done ATW! You are a silver magnet.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom