Nathan, you may have a real winner there. Because it had the look of a Barlow handle I did a little searching since I'd never seen a big blade like that as I recall. Was it found in an old setting? Look this page over and see if yours resembles a knife pictured here. Good luck.Guess I will keep and clean this one it's a lot larger than what I normally find . Maybe a hookbill type
It was where an old homesite used to sitNathan, you may have a real winner there. Because it had the look of a Barlow handle I did a little searching since I'd never seen a big blade like that as I recall. Was it found in an old setting? Look this page over and see if yours resembles a knife pictured here. Good luck.
https://revolutionarywarjournal.com/colonial-pocket-folding-knives-history-of-the-barlow-knife/
Yes it does resemble that style for sure , but no bone or wooden handle for mineView attachment 2247805 This is the one I refer to . I realize the mechanics are different ,but it was the blade that caught my eye. Yours could be a newer, but still very old version . I'm betting there is a knife collector on here that can pin it down for you. Nice find.
I probably won't soak it , just scrap the rust off where needed and wash with soap and water call it done. I'm not trying to get it functional againNice recovery on the knife.
What are you going to soak it in?
ThanksCool find Nathan! Congratz!
What is that handle made of?Yes it does resemble that style for sure , but no bone or wooden handle for mine
What is that handle made
now you got me wondering if it is bone or some type of wood. I think it might be some kind of synthetic materialWhat is that handle made of?
Yikes! That's a big one....looks kind'a like a folding machete.Guess I will keep and clean this one it's a lot larger than what I normally find . Maybe a hawkbill type
That's differently a 🏆Guess I will keep and clean this one it's a lot larger than what I normally find . Maybe a hawkbill type