✅ SOLVED Horseshoe.....of some kind?

Underwonder

Bronze Member
Jul 31, 2017
RI
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's XLT Spectrum, TRX Pin-pointer, Garrett AT Pro Pin-pointer, Eagle II SL with Bigfoot, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
In searching around an old homestead I came across this odd kind of horseshoe....at least I think that’s what it is. It looks machine made to me and possibly altered to raise one side of a hoof. It’s on old land from the 1700s but I am only finding 1920s and later things...

As always, I appreciate your thoughts.

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1611036708.948532.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1611036718.486424.jpg

Just saw this thread... I just commented on your... "closed end horseshoe".

Which is what it is called.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Just saw this thread... I just commented on your... "closed end horseshoe".

Which is what it is called.

Thanks AARC on both counts. I love your active participation and willingness to share your knowledge!

Upvote 0
Good find!! These guys are right on. They're sometimes used for split, cracked or cut hooves.

Thanks, Tony in SC. By the way...I chuckled at your quote about being supported by losers in our hobby. [emoji6] I usually use the IOS app version of Tnet which doesn’t show that line usually...so when I went to the browser version (because there doesn’t seem to be a way in the app. version to mark it solved) I noticed your quote. Funny way to think about our finds! It made me smile as I wake up!

Upvote 0
The orthopedic shoe I found , I accidentally broke off a piece! It was brittle. So be careful how you handle it. Also perhaps spray it with satin polyurethane clear to help it from further decay as it is now exposed to the elements.

Upvote 0
The orthopedic shoe I found , I accidentally broke off a piece! It was brittle. So be careful how you handle it. Also perhaps spray it with satin polyurethane clear to help it from further decay as it is now exposed to the elements.

Thanks for the heads up! It seems pretty solid and when I have room in the electrolysis bucket, I’ll put it through that and treat to preserve. I appreciate your advice. Had you known what it was when you found it? I love learning here...and there is much to learn!

Upvote 0
Thanks for the heads up! It seems pretty solid and when I have room in the electrolysis bucket, I’ll put it through that and treat to preserve. I appreciate your advice. Had you known what it was when you found it? I love learning here...and there is much to learn!

I've learned, that the more I learn, there is more I still need to learn.......

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back