What's new

Hot Wheels cars

Coinzapper

Full Member
Joined
Dec 7, 2008
Messages
111
Reaction score
7
Golden Thread
0
Location
Lansford. PA.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250 Modified, Tesoro Tejon. Garrett 1500, Fisher CoinStrike, Tek G2, tek omega.
Does anybody know if these two cars are old?
 

Attachments

  • Cars 1.webp
    Cars 1.webp
    65.5 KB · Views: 2,761
  • Cars B.webp
    Cars B.webp
    108.9 KB · Views: 774
Thrashed and no tire tread left... ;D

Turbo Carreara is probably early 80's model...

So maybe 30 years of age...
 
Upvote 0
Late 70's. That's not "old" to me but it may be to you. :wink:

DCMatt
 
Upvote 0
In the bottom photo of the cars upside down...the one on the right looks like it has a date 1974 on it... is that what I am reading? Hard to tell. Some of the older cars had dates printed on the bottom. I can't see anything on the car on the left. oh wait...the one on the left looks like 1978 on it...
 
Upvote 0
The older & most valuable Hotwheels cars are the ones with redline tires. The tires have a red line around them where the white part would be on a whitewall. They generally have to be in excellent condition to be worth much. Yours are neither but are still fun to find. Yours are also dated on the bottom so I'm a little confused as to why you would ask how old they are..
 
Upvote 0
They are a lot older than Piggys Piggnutts and we talked about them here at TN for years. :D ::)

Check eBay for value.
 
Upvote 0
bigcypresshunter said:
They are a lot older than Piggys Piggnutts and we talked about them here at TN for years. :D ::)

Check eBay for value.

Alright...you've just crossed the line...

Stop embarrassing Piggy
 
Upvote 0
I don't know anything about hot wheels, so I'm just asking for information here..... is the date necessarily the year they were made, or is it a copyright date that would not have changed over the time they made them? Seeing how much some are worth these days makes me wish we hadn't played "junkyard" with the ones I had as a kid.... :-\
 
Upvote 0
stefen said:
bigcypresshunter said:
They are a lot older than Piggys Piggnutts and we talked about them here at TN for years. :D ::)

Check eBay for value.

Alright...you've just crossed the line...

Stop embarrassing Piggy
Ive considered the possibility that Piggy played us all for fools. He almost cashed in. I think he could have sold them on eBay for a decent price because of the publicity but $1000.00 was just too high for a starting bid. Only recently have I come to the realization that what we say here has some small affect on the collectors market. I ruined it all for him.
 
Upvote 0
I know a little about cars but I don't know a thing about pig nuts. But we use to call cracklings "Piggie Pops", and I use to own a classic Porsche. M ::) nty
 
Upvote 0
Made in Malaysia, no. If you find the early ones , I beleive they are made in the US. I see them from China as well
 
Upvote 0
NOLA_Ken said:
is the date necessarily the year they were made, or is it a copyright date that would not have changed over the time they made them?

Yes, the date is the original copyright date. There are some popular models that you can get new that still have dates in the '70's. They'll change up the paint scheme, but the date will stay the same.
 
Upvote 0
NHBandit said:
The older & most valuable Hotwheels cars are the ones with redline tires. The tires have a red line around them where the white part would be on a whitewall. They generally have to be in excellent condition to be worth much. Yours are neither but are still fun to find. Yours are also dated on the bottom so I'm a little confused as to why you would ask how old they are..
The dates on the bottom are not when it was made, it dates the first year of casting, the white porsh if in execellent condition would be worth about ten bucks
 
Upvote 0
Coinzapper,

If you feel this is solved,

Go back to your original post,

Click on Modify,

Click on Message icon down arrow,

Click on Solved,

The Green Check will appear


Here is a photo tutorial to help you through that process.

http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,259097.0.html


Thanks
 
Upvote 0
Hello Coinzapper, the green check is just to keep the forum organized. Its to be posted only if you are satisfied with the responses. It was just a friendly reminder.


Is there anything else you would like to know about your Hot Wheels?
 
Upvote 0
bigcypresshunter said:
Hello Coinzapper, the green check is just to keep the forum organized. Its to be posted only if you are satisfied with the responses. It was just a friendly reminder.


Is there anything else you would like to know about your Hot Wheels?
Did not know this. Thanks Hunter!
 
Upvote 0
Coinzapper said:
bigcypresshunter said:
Hello Coinzapper, the green check is just to keep the forum organized. Its to be posted only if you are satisfied with the responses. It was just a friendly reminder.


Is there anything else you would like to know about your Hot Wheels?
Did not know this. Thanks Hunter!
Thanks for posting your items for us to look at. :icon_thumright:
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom