Status
Not open for further replies.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
No, outlawing employees from owning a firearm violates the constitution, they can stop you from carrying firearm on the work premise, they can't stop you from owning a gun, they cant stop you from having a gun in your car, most states that have conceal carry laws have laws allowing you to have firearm in your car.

In Florida by law you can have a firearm in your car even with out a license if your 18, if it is kept in glove compartment, glove box or a briefcase or bag, you just cant reach it in one step unless you are conceal carry. In fact in Florida "no guns allowed" signs carry no weight of law as long as you leave the premise if asked. I carry my firearm in stores with no firearms allowed all the time.

I refuse to even drive in a state that has restrictive gun laws, they do not even get money from me for gas taxes.

I guess we are a total 180 degrees from what you are allowed to do.

So that kind of means one would wager a bet that you probably won't be ever travelling past the 49Th to visit one of our Nation Park systems.

Clad2Silver

Bronze Member
Jul 17, 2018
Eastern Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max/ Garrett AT Pro/ Garrett Ace 400/ Garrett Pro Pointer 2 / Garrett Z-Lynk AT Propointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I doubt it but he want have to worry about employees infecting each other or customers. Again as the owner of a business it is their right to set the standards just like a restaurant has right to refuse service to customers not wearing shits or shoes.

If he's worried he'll still have to worry about customers who haven't had shots. Is he going to screen them before letting them in? Why not require them to also have flu shots? or vaccines for any other contagious disease?

Last edited:

Xraywolf

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2005
MI USA
Detector(s) used
Ace 400, AT Pro, equinox 800, Simplex,Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It is business owner's right to decide the requirements for employees to work at their business, don't want to follow business requirements for employment then look else where for employment. Many businesses do not allow political apparel worn while working, just another example of requirements for work, drug tests etc.

EEOC has already ruled businesses can require employees to have shots for employment, only way around is if there are medical restrictions or religious restrictions and you will be required to prove.

"The Equal Employment Opportunity Commission has determined that employers can require workers to get vaccinated against COVID-19 and offered guidance on exceptions.Employers have been hoping for clarity from the agency as they mull whether to mandate vaccination even as many people remain concerned about the safety of a vaccine developed so quickly and not tested on certain populations.

You are trying to have your cake and eat it too, while comparing apples and oranges.
You have said [and I quote] "I am against government mandated shots", then proceed to cite a report that the government says its ok so they can do it. [And you still have not replied on your stance, if any, at forcing 1,000,000's of military members to take it]
If it was a truly private issue then it would not need a decree from the "government", who of course are going to say "yes, jab away !" It needs to go to the courts, not the Bolsheviks.

And I'll repeat once again, though you keep posting the same thing over and over, DRUG TESTS AND FORCED VAXX ARE IN NO WAY SHAPE OR FORM THE SAME as forcing you to inject yourself with some unknown, unproven serum that the snake oil scam artists are trying to foist on entire populations, a large portion of which, maybe even a majority, do not want it [nor are banning political shirts, pink spandex speedos, firearms ect from workplace the same]

I get it, you are older, perhaps vulnerable, you and yours got it so think that everyone else should too without question.
That was your personnel choice to take it, which I am all for, but to hell with my personnel choice, Ok I see how it is.

If he's worried he'll still have to worry about customers who haven't had shots. Is he going to screen them before letting them in? Why not require them to also have flu shots? or vaccines for any other contagious disease?

No, you will be issued an official government vaxx pass the proves you are safe. When forgeries start proliferating, then maybe they'll go with an implanted bio chip, or a check mark tattooed on your wrist. Seems to me these people who take these shots without question and reject anyone else right to pass wouldn't have a problem with either or those as well like sheep shuffling off the cliff right behind eachother.

Last edited:

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don,t fly,ain,t gonna fly,for any reason.I,m not gonna go through the silly arse TSA stuff.I,m a USMC veteran,gave some of my life for the good of the country.never had anything to do with the law beyond a traffic ticket and I,m not gonna submit myself to the degrading searches.I,m in no hurry to take the shot and if my turn don,t come up I really don,t care if I ever get the thing.This is a bunch of bull hockey in my opinion.You of course are free to do as you wish per the vaccine just allow me the same choice.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You are trying to have your cake and eat it too, while comparing apples and oranges.
You have said [and I quote] "I am against government mandated shots", then proceed to cite a report that the government says its ok so they can do it. [And you still have not replied on your stance, if any, at forcing 1,000,000's of military members to take it]
If it was a truly private issue then it would not need a decree from the "government", who of course are going to say "yes, jab away !" It needs to go to the courts, not the Bolsheviks.

And I'll repeat once again, though you keep posting the same thing over and over, DRUG TESTS AND FORCED VAXX ARE IN NO WAY SHAPE OR FORM THE SAME as forcing you to inject yourself with some unknown, unproven serum that the snake oil scam artists are trying to foist on entire populations, a large portion of which, maybe even a majority, do not want it [nor are banning political shirts, pink spandex speedos, firearms ect from workplace the same]

I get it, you are older, perhaps vulnerable, you and yours got it so think that everyone else should too without question.
That was your personnel choice to take it, which I am all for, but to hell with my personnel choice, Ok I see how it is.

No, you will be issued an official government vaxx pass the proves you are safe. When forgeries start proliferating, then maybe they'll go with an implanted bio chip, or a check mark tattooed on your wrist. Seems to me these people who take these shots without question and reject anyone else right to pass wouldn't have a problem with either or those as well like sheep shuffling off the cliff right behind eachother.

I am against government mandated, business requiring employees have vaccine isn't government mandated, the EOOC has said it is legal for business to require if they wish, that doesn't make it government mandated, it supports the right of business owners to set their requirements for employment, just as drug screenings as requirement for employment.

I didn't realize I was require to state my position on military receiving shots. In military you do what you're told, I'm an Air force vet, I was required to get shots and I could not refuse them. Right now military isn't requiring military to receive shots, that could change.

No where have I said people should be required to get the covid shot, what I have said is a business owner has the right to set the requirements for employment, that is not the same thing. I don't care if you get the shot or not, that is your choice as it should be.

This is not the political forum so please keep political comments out of replies.

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don,t fly,ain,t gonna fly,for any reason.I,m not gonna go through the silly arse TSA stuff.I,m a USMC veteran,gave some of my life for the good of the country.never had anything to do with the law beyond a traffic ticket and I,m not gonna submit myself to the degrading searches.I,m in no hurry to take the shot and if my turn don,t come up I really don,t care if I ever get the thing.This is a bunch of bull hockey in my opinion.You of course are free to do as you wish per the vaccine just allow me the same choice.

Thank you for your service sir.....

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Employers have the right to demand employees or potential employees have the covid shot just like they can demand drug screenings, as long as it isn't government mandated I have no issue myself.
They may have the right to demand but they cannot force a current employee to have the vaccine. I suppose you would have to claim a valid religious exemption, though. My company has made that plain to us. It could be a requirement for new hires. My company is offering a $100 bonus to employees who get the vaccine, which I won't, and the same bonus for those who take a 'health and safety course' due to beliefs. Won't do that either. Should it come to I am required to get the vaccine to stay employed, which I doubt, well I was lookin for a job when I found this one.

Xraywolf

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2005
MI USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I am against government mandated, business requiring employees have vaccine isn't government mandated, the EOOC has said it is legal for business to require if they wish, that doesn't make it government mandated, it supports the right of business owners to set their requirements for employment, just as drug screenings as requirement for employment.

I didn't realize I was require to state my position on military receiving shots. In military you do what you're told, I'm an Air force vet, I was required to get shots and I could not refuse them. Right now military isn't requiring military to receive shots, that could change.

No where have I said people should be required to get the covid shot, what I have said is a business owner has the right to set the requirements for employment, that is not the same thing. I don't care if you get the shot or not, that is your choice as it should be.

Its not my choice when/if I have to decide between my career as a construction worker [and perhaps going to a movie, concert, travel or shopping for food] or being forced to get an injection of some unknown serum to allegedly/hopefully guard against the current bio engineered infection.
That is a overt threat, and that is coercion, pure and simple, trampling my so-called "freedom and liberty" right into the ground.
Someone points a gun to your head and says "gimme your wallet" yeah, in theory you have the choice to comply or not. You, and especially someone like you who is usually sensible, are helping to open an open ended, never ending pandoras box of precedent and control by the usual suspects, whom of course we cannot name or discuss because this isn't the political forum.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its not my choice when/if I have to decide between my career as a construction worker [and perhaps going to a movie, concert, travel or shopping for food] or being forced to get an injection of some unknown serum to allegedly/hopefully guard against the current bio engineered infection.
That is a overt threat, and that is coercion, pure and simple, trampling my so-called "freedom and liberty" right into the ground.
Someone points a gun to your head and says "gimme your wallet" yeah, in theory you have the choice to comply or not. You, and especially someone like you who is usually sensible, are helping to open an open ended, never ending pandoras box of precedent and control by the usual suspects, whom of course we cannot name or discuss because this isn't the political forum.

If you check my posts from the past you will find I have always said businesses have the right to set the standards for employment, I have always supported a business owners right to do so as long as it does not violate the constitution. I was required to work overtime for years, if I refused I would be fired. I was required to take drug test any time they said and for no apparent reason, no accident required, if I refused I would be fired. If you own a business you have the right to set employment requirements, it is your business, your money invested.

Healthcare workers have been required to have certain shots for years to be able to work, states have laws requiring students be vaccinated to be able to register. Many states have required healthcare workers have influenza shots to be able to work in medical facilities or nursing homes, you refuse the shot you don't work.

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
Wolf, that’s one of the reasons I just retired early from my telecom job that I was at for 25 years. I was coming up on six figures/yr working a straight 40. It got that bad. Once again I’ll say that you won’t be forced to take the mark, you just will not be able to participate in regular social activities...deemed an ‘outcast.’

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wolf, that’s one of the reasons I just retired early from my telecom job that I was at for 25 years. I was coming up on six figures/yr working a straight 40. It got that bad. Once again I’ll say that you won’t be forced to take the mark, you just will not be able to participate in regular social activities...deemed an ‘outcast.’

What was company fistfull, I forgot. I worked telcom for 45 years.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

T.C.

Bronze Member
May 17, 2012
Kalamity Falls, Orygun
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Xraywolf says, "No, you will be issued an official government vaxx pass the proves you are safe. When forgeries start proliferating, then maybe they'll go with an implanted bio chip, or a check mark tattooed on your wrist. Seems to me these people who take these shots without question and reject anyone else right to pass wouldn't have a problem with either or those as well like sheep shuffling off the cliff right behind each other."

This paragraph above says it all. Well put, Sir

Xraywolf

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2005
MI USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Govt mandated ?
No, you still technically have a choice - Unless of course you wish to step outside of your house and do something.
"All for the greater good, listen to the science" they tell us - If you believe that, I've got a bridge to sell ya, dirt cheap !

[h=2]New Yorkers will have to flash a 'COVID passport' to prove they've been vaccinated or had a negative test to enter sports arenas, theaters and businesses under new pilot program[/h]
  • New Yorkers will have to flash a 'COVID-19 passport' showing negative test result or a vaccination if they want to see a movie or other events under pilot program
  • Gov Andrew Cuomo announced initiative, dubbed 'Excelsior Pass,' on Tuesday
  • Pass, developed in partnership with IBM, is said to be 'proven, secure technology [that] will confirm an individual's vaccination or recent negative COVID test'
  • Initial phase of pilot testing started February 27 with Brooklyn Nets game at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn and continued Tuesday at Madison Square Garden

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...19-passport-enter-sports-arenas-theaters.html

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thread topic is people who have taken vaccine, issues or no issues. Please put thread back on topic.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
It seems that 80vs2 million doses given, I could say a :icon_thumleft:to the roll out compared with the totals we have done.
Given the 10/1 ratio for population density still x4.
Well done basically.
But the finish line is still available far away.

newnan man

Gold Member
Aug 8, 2005
Beautiful Florida
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Just this morning my wife tried again to get a reservation for her vaccine. It bumped her to the next few days when more may be available. She is 70 & supposedly Florida is making seniors a top priority. She's been trying for 3 weeks. I told her God is trying to tell you something & you're not listening. She told me a little while ago to hell with it she's done trying.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just this morning my wife tried again to get a reservation for her vaccine. It bumped her to the next few days when more may be available. She is 70 & supposedly Florida is making seniors a top priority. She's been trying for 3 weeks. I told her God is trying to tell you something & you're not listening. She told me a little while ago to hell with it she's done trying.

Where in Florida, 116 Walmarts are giving it plus many publics stores and some Sams in Florida..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread