Status
Not open for further replies.

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just for the record my wife and daughter both have had their two shots.Wife is a secretary at the high school and is 66.Daughter is a tech lab aide at the school and has Crohns disease,with a compromised immune system due to the Crohns.Neither of them have had any kind of bad reactions,not even a sore arm.That being said I still have my doubts about the whole thing.

Kantuckkeean

Bronze Member
Apr 30, 2009
Cornfield, IN
Detector(s) used
F-22, cheapo pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I’ve been doing some thinking on this and I’ve decided not to get the vaccine. The Man has already taken away enough of my freedoms... like the freedom to get polio, smallpox, and other horrific diseases. I was really hoping to catch tetanus this weekend since I’ve never had a good case of lockjaw, but The Man took away my freedom to die from that too. Why would I want The Man to take away my freedom to catch and possibly die from COVID-19 and/or potentially infect and kill other folks too? I mean, seriously, what have vaccines ever done for us, other than prevent horrible diseases?

Kindest regards,
Kantuck

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know several people in Florida who have had both Moderna shots and had no issues.

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The wife got her second Moderna shot yesterday and said she would rather have the virus..........It's that bad.

To make matters worse, I am cooking tonight.

I hope she is OK.

newnan man

Gold Member
Aug 8, 2005
Beautiful Florida
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I’ve been doing some thinking on this and I’ve decided not to get the vaccine. The Man has already taken away enough of my freedoms... like the freedom to get polio, smallpox, and other horrific diseases. I was really hoping to catch tetanus this weekend since I’ve never had a good case of lockjaw, but The Man took away my freedom to die from that too. Why would I want The Man to take away my freedom to catch and possibly die from COVID-19 and/or potentially infect and kill other folks too? I mean, seriously, what have vaccines ever done for us, other than prevent horrible diseases?

Kindest regards,
Kantuck

Sarcasm is one of my favorite forms of comedy. That being said this vaccine is unlike any ever rolled out. It works differently and has had zero human trials. You my friend are the trial. Still I respect your decision. My wife found out she can get one today (Moderna) and is going. She feels the benefit outweighs the risk. Good luck to all.

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other

Kindest regards,
Kantuck
Sure, except those weren’t rushed to market unapproved under emergency conditions.

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other

Kindest regards,
Kantuck
:laughing7: Too funny!

Kantuckkeean

Bronze Member
Apr 30, 2009
Cornfield, IN
Detector(s) used
F-22, cheapo pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
She is doing better today. Really bad headache, but her temp went down, so doing well.

I sometimes wonder if the people with the more severe reactions to the vaccine are the ones who would have had the more severe reactions to COVID-19. If that is the case, then it’s a good thing that she got it.

I’m happy to hear that she’s doing better.

Kindest regards,
Kantuck

metrotec

Jan 5, 2020
East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Whites, Radio Shack, Metrotec, peach tree fork
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have gotten 2 shots, no trauma. My girl friend got 2 shots, no trauma.
My thought is; I know people who have died from Covid19, and a couple were close friends. I don't know of anyone who got the vaccine and died. Odds are: no shots, you may die, 2 shots not probable of dying..
Why would anyone chance death over stubborn?
Ever get polio? I got my shots & sugar cube in the EARLY 50's. I do know a couple of kids that got a mild case of polio in a leg. I've never had polio.

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
just got a call from my friendly local pharmacist that she has me scheduled to get mine 12 March.I,ll get it though I have some doubts about it.

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Finally was able to book an appointment for my first vaccine for this coming Monday. It took four days of logging on every couple of hours to find an open spot. Shouldn’t be this hard but I am feeling very thankful.

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
My thought is; I know people who have died from Covid19, and a couple were close friends. I don't know of anyone who got the vaccine and died. Odds are: no shots, you may die, 2 shots not probable of dying..
Ever get polio? I got my shots & sugar cube in the EARLY 50's. I do know a couple of kids that got a mild case of polio in a leg. I've never had polio.
Why would I? No one I know has died or been deathly ill, and I have a ton of old relatives. If my immune system can’t take care of things I’m shizz outa luck.

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had a few older friends die from it. I also had friends get real sick with pneumonia and a very slow recovery with lung damage and then some friends had no symptoms and did not even know they had it.
I have no idea when my age group will be eligible and I am not young,lol.
Am getting the shots when able but not the J&J. Have not changed my work or life habits.
Stay safe however

relicmeister

Bronze Member
Jul 26, 2012
Poconos, Nw.NJ & Delaware Valley
Detector(s) used
XP Orx Deus II, 9” coil
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I didn’t get my vaccine appointment yet. All I get are updates. Feeling ignored as most of my younger colleagues at work have gotten their shots. I’m not actively trying anymore.

Megalodon

Silver Member
May 13, 2018
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Tesoro Cibola
Tesoro Golden Sabre Plus
Garrett ADS Master Hunter 7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
At 66, I've been technically eligible for the vaccine for about 6 weeks, but eligibility is meaningless when the rollout is as bungled as it has been in MD, rated 42 out of 50 and apparently trying hard for last place. I pre-registered for it, also meaningless, tried multiple times to get an appointment but appointments are all taken within 1 or 2 seconds of the state portal site. The pharmacies are not getting the vaccines from the state although they have invested in the special low temp freezers. I haven't called the state 800 number because it just keeps people on hold for 2 to 3 hours and then hangs up. Giving up on this covid vaxx fiasco, I got my second pneumonia vaccine last week.

Last night on the news, we saw the state's distribution in action: thousands of cars backed up on the highways leading to Six Flags Park, one of a handful of sites giving the shots in the state, with horns blaring and idiots aggressively cutting in line, causing accidents and fist fights on the road. Its only a matter of time before there is a road-vacc rage shooting, thanks the the state's incompetent distribution "plan".

I'll wait until the vaccine is available at my local pharmacy, hopefully at the end of 2021. I refuse to drive 50 miles to participate in this state nonsense vaccine circus that we see on the news.

Last edited:

deedoubleyou

Feb 26, 2017
Northern WV
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, . Simplex, White's 6000 di Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Im personally going to wait things out before I consider taking a vaccine. Beyond vaccines I've heard they are working on other drugs that treat an active case, and as we all know there are a few drugs out there that a lot of people say can treat the covid like the one hydroxy-something.

My family was hit pretty hard by covid, including my 97 year old grandpa. I took care of him day and night during his covid, his main symptoms were fever and a bad case of the runs and stomach issues. His fever got up to 103.1 while he was at home. About a week and a half in, I noticed symptoms of a UTI and they did go ahead and put him in the hospital at that point as a precaution. Nothing got worse except being in bed for that long weakened him pretty bad. My mom had it and lost her taste and smell and the cold part was more sinus for her. My 74 year old diabetic aunt got it and she did get pretty sick. Hers was mostly fatigue and cold symptoms but it lasted 2 weeks at least before she started feeling better and less tired. My good friend who is way overweight and drinks like a fish got it and he had a cough that was pretty bad for a couple weeks and it still lingers a bit 2 months later, but he also works outside which doesnt help. His boss who is 72 just got one of the vaccines and he is at home sick in bed after his shot. His body didnt react well to it for whatever reason. He's been sick for a week now. I know others who took the vaccine and didnt have any side effects except the sore arm.

The problem with all of this is the information and disinformation about the virus itself. This could go into politics easily, but the bottom line is this. I know a lot of people who work in the medical field and they all seem to think the covid death numbers are inflated big time. The flu of 2018 killed something like 80k people, and that flu hit my grandpa harder than the covid did. He was really sick from the flu that year and it took him almost 2 weeks to eve be able to stand up and grab his walker after that one. Whatever the 2018 flu was, was a pretty nasty one. If the news media really showed everyone how may people die from the flu every year and pushed those numbers every day on TV, it would scare a lot of people. But they dont, until covid. Then its all we saw or heard.

For myself, Id like to know more information not only about the vaccines, but also the mutations of the virus before I make any decisions on getting vaccinated myself.

Xraywolf

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2005
MI USA
Detector(s) used
Ace 400, AT Pro, equinox 800, Simplex,Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Can't give much of an answer without politics, the whole thing is obviously wrapped up tight in politics and agenda.

So for me, its distrust, when certain people tell me its good for me and I must get my shot immediately for the greater good so things can get back to "normal", I assume I am not being told the truth, as with most everything else they say.
Further, while there appears to be no reason to think these shots will immediately kill or harm you, as far as long term they are 100% unproven since they were rushed into production without the usual years long trials with live animals ect, any idea how long they worked on those polio/mumps shots before they started jabbing ? Years and years, not months. So consequentially, this is serum pure and simple, with no clue whatsoever about possible long term effects.
As well, I think many just don't see the overriding need, so long as you are fairly careful and sanitary, your odds of catching it are not great and if you do, unless you are in a very vulnerable category, odds are you'll survive just fine.

I know people who have died from drinking and smoking, I know people who have died in car crashes and from opioids. People die from all sorts of things and will continue to do so, I don't see this as the compulsive exception that sets it apart from everything else, though there is no doubt we have been groomed and programmed to think precisely that this past year of madness. If you've got peace of mind and think you made the right move, great for you. Perhaps you'd grant others the same luxury of making decisions for themselves based on what they think is the best course for them ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread